Really Upset - Just Lost My Temper...!

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I am currently nearly 34 weeks pregnant with my second baby.

My little girl, who is 2 and 5 months, is usually very well behaved and adorable. She has been ill with a virus for the last couple of days so has been quite grumpy (as expected)...

Every night for the past week, I have had a nightmare trying to get her to go to bed. She screams and shouts etc

I lost it tonight - my temper that is. I just felt like screaming "when can i have MY time?". I picked her up off the floor and took her up the stairs (under my arm). I put her into her bed and burst into hysterical tears. She was uncontrollable and so was I at this point so I left the room. She followed me and I shouted at her again "get into bed!!!".

I now feel SO bad for shouting at her like that - she is asleep now with a red puffy face. She looked so frightened when I shouted at her. I don't normally do that to her but I had just had enough. My DH stayed out of the way but said that I needed to be firm with her because enough is enough of the performance every bed time.

Do other people lose it like this?

Julia xxxx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
It's completely understandable. Don't feel bad.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
I know my friend is even worse than u with her 3 and 5 year olds, it's normal but try not to get used to shouting at her as it will seem normal to u later and it might get worse.
but what u did is normal and understandable .

I've been there and lost it. It's not pretty and I felt awful for it afterwards. I think the trick is to spot that you're getting to the end of your tether before it happens. Ideally get your OH to do bedtime if you're that bad. I get frustrated with bed times because DD is amazingly good at going to bed so when she plays up I just tell her that if she doesn't behave then she doesn't get stories.

Don't worry about it as a one off it won't have done your LO any harm at all - jsut try and stop yourself getting as fed up next time. :hug: :hug:

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies, girls....made me feel alot better....

It is the next day now and I have calmed down and I am back to my normal self. Still feel guilty about last night. My little girl has completely forgotten about it and is back to her happy and lovely self.

Yes - I do have to recognise when I feel this happening again and take five minutes out of the situation...

You have been so supportive and understanding - I thought I would get slaughtered!!!

It is all down to pregnancy and raciong hormones - I am never like this normally!! I have six weeks left and can't wait to be back to normal again!

Thanks once again,

Julia xxx

Julia said:
Hi Girls,
Do other people lose it like this?

Julia xxxx

Hell yes!!! Possibly once a day.
Dont get so stressed.
:hug:

Me? More like 10 times a day, i cant cope with the two of them at all, the PND makes it really hard but i dont cope well at all. :oops: I hate myself for it, but i think every parent must loose thier temper at times, i just loose it more :cry:

I am not losing my marbles then...it happens to other people.

I shouted again tonight really loudly....I find it sooooo difficult with a big, uncomfortable bump and a two year old giving "orders" such as "I need my dummy", "I need my bottle", "I want some cheese" "I want to watch Angelina Ballerina" (all within the space of about 5 minutes!) etc etc etc...

I really need to de-stress!!

My DH was great tonight and calmed me down alot. My little girl does not want my DH to do anything for her - it is all "mummy do it"....................I don't care about the pain of childbirth I have to come - I just want to get back to normal (hormones, body size, social life, etc).....

Thanks for your support and personal experiences - I really appreciate them!

Julia xxxxxx

We have a problem also with everything having to be done by one person. At the moment it's Daddy but she'll randomly get it into her head that whatever it is she wants has to be done by a specific person :wall: We used to let her have her own way but have started saying no and just letting whoever is closer or whatever do it. She has a tantrum but I refuse to be dictated to by a 3 yr old!

I'm hoping it will get better soon..... and why is it that they wait till you've just sat down to ask for yet another thing!??? :wall:

Hunny dont worry...you are NORMAL!!!! We Mums are real people with good days an bad days. Your LO will survive, and although you may not have reacted in the ideal way, she will be fine!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

Thanks for your replies!

Had a good day today - much better infact. Happy child, happy Mum, happy Dad.....all lounging about on a Sunday afternoon.

I took her for a nice walk and refused to get wound up by silly little things. I am SURE she senses tension in me and therefore becomes more demanding...

Had a bath with her tonight which was lovely and then put her to bed - problem free!!!

I DO NOT WANT TO SPEAK TOO SOON THOUGH!!!!!!!

Thanks for your support and hugs!!

Julia xxxxxxx

Oh Julia you are SOOOOO lovely! I always just want to give you a huge hug whenever I read your posts, you're such a lovely person :hug: bless you!

I'm another Mum on here telling you that you are definitely normal!! My first child is only 1 month old and I've had those moments of dispair! We're entitled to them! Especially when we are already stressed & it's just one more thing we really could do without!! :hug:

I shouted at Evie one morning. Not badly, I just raised my voice and said "I'm NACKERED Evie, for God's sake go to bloody sleep! ARGH!!!!" and she just stared at me for a few seconds and then suddenly screamed!!! It was like she was feeding off my stress! I felt AWFUL and cried through guilt. I told my Mum and she told me to shut myself in the bathroom if it happens again, calm down, decide what I'm going to try first and then go back to Evie and give her a cuddle before sorting her out.

It hasn't happened since, but give it time and I'm sure it will! xx

Im goin to look really horrible but i tend to have screming bouts at caitlyn also, i am VERY short patienced

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back