Feel like screaming- need advice

sweetpamii

Reaction score
Willow is almost 4 months old and I thought things where getting better, now their worse than ever, I'm stuck with her basically every day on my own most of the time. She's doing my box in lately, the screaming, the constantly wanting up and attention. I'm punching walls and the floor to vent my anger at her. I know she doesn't know what she's doing and I understand that when she's not crying but at the time that doesn't come into it. I am so run down, exhausted and feel a failure. I've only got so much to give and I feel she's taking it all. My OH works full time and is hardly home lately. My head is constantly hurting. Help please girls, I really need some advice

Are you breastfeeding? Have you tried a dummy to keep her amused for a bit longer? What are you doing during the day? Are you going out enough? X

Getting out of the house helps a lot hun.

As hunnie mentioned, are you getting out of the house enough?

It can be hard Hun , sounds like your doing an amazing job.

I've been there , I know exactly how you feel . There is a light at the end of the tunnel for you x

Apologies for any typos!

Oh hun its really hard. Babies dont know how to express themselves so they cry or whinge. Is she just whining? I used to go mad but then figured out what he wants and it makes things easier.
Is she teething by any chance?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Oh dear :( I know they do push mums to the limit. Getting out and about if you can is a great distraction for them. I do think 4 months is the age that they start to get bored. Has she got a playmat/bouncer for stimulation?

I try to get out as much as I can, not as much this week tho due to having to wait on deliveries and such. I'm bottle feeding and she gets a dummy. She is screaming and whining, she is teething too. I think you's are all right I was goIng out a lot for a while there and things where getting better, but it's probably becoz I've been in the house so much lately. I'm going out for a while today. The thing is there's only a few ppl I can't visit and I feel like Im there too much and Their probably getting sick of me.

Thanks girls xxx

Just get in the car with the pram and go for a browse round the local shopping centre :) just some time with a clear head can work miracles.

My HV Told me that babys associate being at home with being fed which also means they are being held so time out of the house can help?

How much is she napping during the day. If shes constantly whingy then it could be being overtired. What happens if you let her whine for longer?

See I don't drive so the weather stops me too. She naps every 2/3 hours usually for half an hour at a time. She's too nosey just wants to be looking at everything. If I do leave her crying she eventually stops, but it gets worse before it gets better. X

i dont drive either but have to go out , sometimes its only me and my friend in the park. Fresh air and exercise helps clear the.head. I find that lo sleepa longer in the pram, its my saving grace

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Cos I can't drive after the c-section I've been stuck for an excuse to go anywhere apart from the shops which gets very boring.

So we've started Geocaching. It's an online real-time treasure hunt, people hide boxes with trinkets in them then post clues and gps co-ordinates on the site, it will show you the nearest ones to where you are and there is an app for your phone too. When you find them you fill out the log. It's free, just google geocaching, it makes going for a walk a lot more interesting xxxxxxxxxx

Have a look at the threads littlemiss has put on about sleep breeding sleep. I think she sound clingy because shes getting overtired xx

Cos I can't drive after the c-section I've been stuck for an excuse to go anywhere apart from the shops which gets very boring.

So we've started Geocaching. It's an online real-time treasure hunt, people hide boxes with trinkets in them then post clues and gps co-ordinates on the site, it will show you the nearest ones to where you are and there is an app for your phone too. When you find them you fill out the log. It's free, just google geocaching, it makes going for a walk a lot more interesting xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for that as well! I'm so lazy when it comes to going out for walks with the pram xx

Will was exactly the same until recently i realised he wasn't getting enough sleep in the day. he also was going to sleep every 3 or so hours for 20/30 mins and the whining the whole day.

i too looked at littlemiss suggestion and now i put him down for a nap exactly 1.5 hours after a feed, if he wakes up before an hour or so i resettle him. this has really worked for us hun and he is so much happier and settled now. give it a try, i really believe it sounds as though LO is overtired. xx

Charlie's like this when he's bored or overtures, I've been trying to cope with morning sickness and haven't been out the house in about 5 days, which is a long time when we usually do a 2 hr walk each day! Today I needed some cough medicine for him and snacks for me so I just went to the shop on the corner of the street, came back was only ten mins and he wasnt niggly anymore, went straight up to bed. Think the distraction settled him and the movement got him relaxed for sleep. As for getting angry I'm sure every girl on pf has been there, I've done it, slamming things down instead of putting down normally, head in hands crying just wanting to bloody throttle him and also oh when he gets home, the hv said to me once, just as long as they're safe, leave them for 5 mins and go sit in the other room, have a cig(but I don't smoke) or a brew or chocolate or whatever it is you need, calm down and go back in. Even when I'm annoyed ill sometimes just put him in the pram and he knows he's going out so he shushes so quickly lol, Charlie's such an outdoorsy person and hates being inside, but the walks do help me clear my head and cheer up, and sometimes he's even asleep when we get in :) x

Sweetie you poor thing. I'm sorry you feel that way and have to vent in that way.

Have you got a sling. It's made everything so much better for me when she is going in to one it brings her close to me and I can still do stuff or walk round the village.

Hope your feeling better x

Apologies for any typos!

Have you thought about joining any classes - like a toddler group or baby sensory/signing/massage?? It would provide a bit of a distraction for LO and youd get some adult company for a wee while. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back