Screaming, seperation anxiety, and sleeping

abcd1234

Reaction score
OMG is she tiring atm!! I'm not sure what i can do though

She screams for attention, and last night she screamed my friends house down, she'd been asleep, woken up, been cuddled by me and OH and then my friend had held her, a couple of minutes after she just started screaming, no warning just loud screaming, now i think this is all linked to this really bad seperation anxiety she seems to have atm, after i calmed her down last night she wouldn't let go of me, she wouldnt sit next to me or even let OH hold her, she just screamed if anyone tried. She also screams when with OH sometimes and is silenced as soon as i hold her, she climbs out his arms to me and even if she's playing happily i have to hide as she'll start crying for me if she sees me.
She also screams if she doesnt get what she wants immediately, she's screaming now cos my sister isn't holding her up to the fish enough, and if you dont refill her spoon with food quick enough.

Dont get me wrong, she's an angel in some respects, when she has the attention she wants etc she's smilet and happy and great but i cant cope with being screamed at.

She also screams at having clothes put on/taken off, having her nappy changed or even being led on her back. She throws herself back and screams when she's tired and i'm trying to get her to sleep, she's started waking up by screaming rather then winging at first and it doesn't stop until she gets a boob in her mouth.

She also wont sleep properly anymore :( she goes to be really late (gone 11pm) gets up and 3/4am, up an hour later, is put back in her cot when she settles and doesnt get up until 11am!! Subsiquently i'm so tired due to broken sleep, i'd rather be getting up at 7 after 8 hours unbroken sleep!

I dont know if this is related to being at home with me again and not at the childminders but i'm concerned she's doing to make life hell when i try and go back to uni!! I know she's only 6 months old so she doesn't mean any of it but it's almost like she's learnt how to manipulate me into getting exactly what she wants.

Apart from getting her up early in the mornings to try and encourage earlier sleep (and hopefully longer periods of sleep too) i'm not sure what i can do

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back