Feeds

scaredmum2be

Reaction score
wondering when were suppose to up the milk dose on small bottles?
little man is is 12 days old now and he takes 40mil on bottle which is 2 on the bottle an he manages to take all that but if we give him little extra he cant have anymore cos hes knackered from the 40ml lol.
I was wondering when he will start wanting more although he supose to be fed at 4 but he woke up sucking his thumb an starting crying placed him on me an he was looking for food bless him so i fed him an he took 40ml this time.
Anyone know when we up the milk to say 50 or something or is it way to early?? x

Hi hon, I'm not 100% sure as I breastfed for the first few months but I'd say that if he's drinking it all and if he still roots or seems dis-satisfied afterwards it might be worth putting a bit extra in or adding one extra feed in the day to top him up? xxx

i went by ozs but as soon as madison was finishing what we were giving her i upped her by an oz at a time for a whole day and ull find for a couple of days some bottles theyll finish and some not but if theyre not finishing any for a full day then go back again thats how i done it xx

As a rule of thumb they say when they drain their bottles to up the amount you give them! They won't necessarily start drinking the whole lot at first or every time, but eventually they do it!

i'll just take it step by step an gradually build up cos hubby tried puttin it up to 2 an half oz but he wudnt finsish it all lol so i put it back down to 2 an he has it all x

I was gonna say exactly what Lisa said, if their finishing their bottles then up there milk but somedays they won't drink all of it and somedays they want more!

hes managed to put back on his birth weight so he must be drinking more :D woop lol.
Yeah we sometimes put it up little more we just see how much he can take, he ends up falling sleep when hes had enough anyways lolx

I always kept an extra oz in the bottle at the least and let my girls have what they wanted x

we put in 2 and half today and he left abit but when he seemed groggy i gave him the last bit an he fell sleep lol. i think it depends wat moods hes in i think lolxx

Sorry how does 2 and a half work ? :eh:

2 and ha half fluid ounces on the bottle bout 50mil i think lolx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back