Feeding Update

dannii87

Reaction score
Hi ladies! Sorry I haven't been on much, me & Evie have been ill :(

I've got thrush of the nipples, they're cracked & sore... I've got a bladder infection & had thrush so needed to put a pessary up me :shock: I did not expect to be putting anything up there for a while! I was so scared! I also did a poo last night and forgot my laxatives :doh: Think I've split a stitch or something, my bum is agony :( Evie has thrush of the mouth and seems generally unwell with temperatures etc because of it :(

Anyway, I've been struggling a bit more with the feeding so I took your advice and popped along to the local breastfeeding drop in centre for help today. They were FANTASTIC!! I decided that if I didn't get much help today, we'd start bottles on Sunday when she's 3 weeks & 1 day (3 weeks is a little milestone in my head at the moment for the feeding, it started at 3 days, then 1 week, then 2 weeks, now 3 weeks! Step by step :) )

It turns out, I have thrush of the nipples and Evie has thrush of the mouth (not helping the situation much!) it also turns out - and this is the major part which has been hindering our progress - Evie has a tied tongue! :shock: :( My poor little girl has to have her tongue clipped next week at the hospital. Anyway, although it's a shame, it'll be great in the long run and should do WONDERS for the breastfeeding! :cheer: :pray:

Although she cannot physically latch until her tongue is sorted (which explains the state of my nips at the moment lol), the lady there showed me how to get her to latch a bit better than how she is at the moment and it feels much better - still sore, but it's ok.

Oh and it's my 21st birthday today! :cheer: xx

Aww that's great news! Glad you've found the source of the problem and it can be sorted! Hope all goes well from now on!

Oh and Happy 21st Birthday! :cheer:

aw hon, sorry to hear you've been having so many problems :hug: :hug: :hug:

i hope that you feel better soon, and that evie's tongue-tie is sorted and you can carry on bf-ing. you've honestly done so well :hug: :hug:

re the bum thing (sorry TMI :oops: :oops: ) - i had a really tiny tear by my bumhole and, despite taking lactulose, it kept reopening when i went to the loo. cos it was sore when sitting, i used to feed lying on my side on the sofa with my head propped up on cushions - this really helped and made feeding a lot less uncomfortable for my bottom. and, nearly 7 months later, its finally healed up. :cheer:

Firstly, happy birthday!! :D

And you poor things :hug: keep in there, the tongue tie might just make everything so much easier! Well done hun!

Happy 21st birthday! :cheer: Sorry to hear about your problems so far but just wanted to say well done for getting this far with the BF and hopefully after Evie gets her tongue sorted out things will improve dramatically xx

God you're having it rough hon, even when you were preggo you did :hug: :hug: :hug:

Happy bday and WTG with the breastfeeding you're doing gr8!!!!! :hug: :hug: :cheer:

:hug: :hug:

Happy birthday again

Sorry to hear about your problems :(

Well done for sticking with it this long. I was the same way with the milestones.....every time I hit another week it just seemed a shame to quit after all we had been through so we kept going. August had a tongue tie as well. I had to bottle feed him until we had it snipped when he was twelve days old. Luckily he didn't have any nipple confusion and he was able to latch on after the procedure. We are still breastfeeding and now I love it! Good luck with everything! :hug:

thats great, hopefully things will just get better from now on hun!! :cheer:

Well done for getting this far! :cheer: Just want to say, I caught thrush on my nipples when Ella got it in her mouth and I gave up breastfeeding because it hurt so much :( Once you get some Daktarin for your nipples it will heal in no time, please don't let it beat you.. :hug: :hug:

hope you had a lovely birthday - we all seem to have had our birthdays near to our kids birthdays - must be something about our parents having good christmas and new year fun thats puts us all in September!!!
anyhow well done on the feeding, poor you with the thrush (which me and josh both have atm too - ouch!) and the tongue tie - well done on perserveering, i would not have had your will power.
hope you and evie get rid of the old thrush in a coupla days

My son suffered from thrush for at least the first 8 weeks we tried everything from the doctors but nothing seemed to work! when he finally got a bit more use to germs and we were given daktarin it disappeared within 24hrs, fab stuff!

Hope you had a great 21st!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back