Feeding Question

claire2711

Reaction score
Hey girls!

Probably a stoooopid question :oops: , but expect more of them from me!! :lol:

when out & about with LO, how would you heat up LOs milk? we are using SMA powder, he loves it!! 8)

eg we are going to my mums later, will take a couple of ready made bottles, so how would we safely warm them up when there?

where we live, the baby facilities are sooooooo bad, theres no shops etc to change bubs or warm up milk either

thanks for any replies!! xx

Some people take a flask of boiling water with them so they just need a mug to fill with the hot water and float the bottle in it.

If you want to warm it the easiest thing to do would be to half fill the bottles with boiled water. Take a small flask and top it up to exactly the amount you need so it will be at just the right temperature.

Or he could drink it room temp? I know Phoebe doesn't care what temp they are :) Might be worth a try, so much easier! :hug:

laracomps.....i was thinking that! so its ok for them to take milk at room temp?x

The official advice is to make up feeds with water that is hotter than 70 degrees C, i.e. boiled water cooled for half hour. This is to kill any bacteria in the milk. Then rapidly cool under a running tap.

However realistically most people don't do that, nor have the time to do it! And I'm sure a bottle warmer would not heat the water up to that degree.

In terms of for their tummy loads of ppl on here give milk at room temp and don't have a problem. Then again, some babies just prefer it warm :) You might need to shake it more at room temp.

laracomps said:
The official advice is to make up feeds with water that is hotter than 70 degrees C, i.e. boiled water cooled for half hour. This is to kill any bacteria in the milk. Then rapidly cool under a running tap.

However realistically most people don't do that, nor have the time to do it! And I'm sure a bottle warmer would not heat the water up to that degree.

In terms of for their tummy loads of ppl on here give milk at room temp and don't have a problem. Then again, some babies just prefer it warm :) You might need to shake it more at room temp.

ok, that helps! thanks! 8) wee man is just having a feed now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back