Feeding less at 3 months

loz

Reaction score
Emms is exclusively BFed and seems to want feeding less now e.g. every 3 hrs during the day, but only feeds for about 10 mins. She also is only pooing every 3 days or so, having an almighty explosion!

Is this other people's experiences? She hasnt lost weight, is putting it on gradually and seems to be happy in herself unless she's really tired, but settles to sleep within about 15 mins normally.

I thought babies would want more milk as they got older! Do you think she is just more efficent now? The HV said that BF babies can absorb more of their milk, therefore not need to poo as often as they get a bit older.

My cousin saved up her poo for 8 days! Imagine the state of her when she finally did do it! But that made my auntie give up BF!
Angel on the otherhand concerned me coz we were once getting through 1 pack of nappies every other day to only pooing like twice a day. God knows how many clothes she's ruined though. But her feeding is slowing down and doesn't feed as long. Night feeds are so much easier as she eats, burps and sleeps within 10 mins!

As my OH calls it, Boobie Juice is brilliant stuff!

I'll bet she is much more efficient at feeding so is on less and for less time - enjoy the freedom! It sounds perfectly normal hon.

Re. poo frequency - please see this post from me when my DD was about 6 or 7 weeks old.

Valentine Xxx

Oh yeah she is definately getting more efficient at getting her milk. I have also noticed lately how quickly my LO is feeding. Today though she has started to demand the second boob also. Getting her weighed tomorrow when she has her jabs, she is getting a right chunky monkey :lol:

Luke is the same. He feeds around every 2ish to 3ish hours for only 10 minutes at a time (max usually) and he only poos every few days. Often he will go without pooing for 3 days then all of a sudden have a few poos. This week he has had a day where he had FOUR poos in one 24 our period! :shock: LOL

I think they are just more efficient too :D

Thanks guys :hug: I am such a worry wort!! I wanted to check it out with the real experts too (you lot)!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back