Eating less and less

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
And I'm getting more and more stressed :sad:

Isla is struggling to gain weight and now in this last week she seems to be eating less. She generally has 2-3 breastfeeds a day (about 10 minutes each) and then 3 EBM feeds which were around 4oz but now we're struggling to reach 3oz.

I've got to take her back to Clinic next Monday to be weighed again and I'm dreading it as I'm sure she won't have gained any weight or worse, will have lost.

Just don't know what else to do/try...

Not sure what to suggest :( I've always thought that baby will take whatever they need?? I let my Isla feed whenever she wants. Try and not let it get to you, it's not your fault. She may have a intolerance to something??

Take care x

I wonder If she is Lactose intolerant or something Hun as it sounds very much like how Tegan was until she went on Lactose free formula! there such a worry aren't they? x

They think she is allergic to cows milk so she is on Aptamil Pepti but she hasn't been tested for any lactose intolerance...

ZMD - at what point did Tegan get referred to the paediatrician and was it via your GP?

It was via the gp they decided to refer her when she was 12 weeks, they were extremely worried about her weight gain and that she wasn't feeding very well, she was 16 weeks when we went, she has been totally different since being on Lactose free formula and has gained 2lb 1oz in the last month which is fantastic for her she used to only gain about 7oz a fortnight! If you ever want to pm Hun your more than welcome too xx

What were the symptoms of her intolerance?

I reckon I'll skip the HV and go and see my GP.

She was grumpy allot of the time Not feeding properly, weight gain was really bad she wouldn't Poo for days then would go about 5 times in 24 hours! she was also sick a fair bit i skipped the HV to Hun. hope you get something sorted! Tegan is back to the pediatrician on 29th i think he's going to be so pleased with her xx

How much does Isla weigh SPC? Just out of interest cos Lizzie is of similar age :)

She was 10lb 11oz last Monday (11w + 5) and she had only put on 6oz in the 2 weeks leading up to that. How much does Lizzie weigh now?

At 12 weeks she was 11lb 12oz, but another baby at group who was also 12wks was 12lb 12oz so I don't know what's the norm really! Hope it goes well at GP's today x

At 11 weeks Tegan was 10.5lb and at 13 weeks she was 11.4lb hope that help a little x

oh god, zaks massive compared to ur girly babies. He was 13lb11 at 11+ 5 weeks. But he is feeding less and less too and i dont no why either. x

Well... GP has asked me to give in a urine sample in case it's an infection that's putting her off her food (don't think it's that) and also given her some gaviscon in case it's reflux (she is never sick and doesn't have any real symptoms of reflux) so I'm not convinced by either of those.

He said to take her back next Monday and if her weight gain is still poor, then he'll refer her to a pediatrician but it could be a long wait...great!

Hope you get something sorted soon Hun, doctors can be really useless sometimes! they said Tegans was Reflux to start with x

Ollie is bottle fed and at 16 weeks weighs 14lb and only takes an average 20oz a day of normal stage 1 cow & gate. The GP said they would only worry if he drops 2 centile in weigh but must be just eating what hr needs as he's following the 50th centile perfectly. He is also under a paediatric team cos he has choking/breath holding episodes with reflux and on 3 different meds but his feeding has always been the same.

Isla has picked up her eating now and is eating about 20oz a day, give or take.

We got her weighed last week and she had put on 6oz in 8 days which is good for Isla. So I'm trying not to worry if she's not drinking as much as other babies!

I'm having the opposite problem-kieron takes too much-approx 38oz a day sone days and he's 7 weeks old-he weighed 13lb 5oz at 5 weeks + 3days!
All babies are different and aslong as she isn't losing weight and has plenty of wet and dirty nappies I wouldn't worry too much x

my neice is 15 months old and only weighs 18lb! She was 5lb 4oz at birth and has stuck to her centile line...she's a dinky dot :) xx

Isla has picked up her eating now and is eating about 20oz a day, give or take.

We got her weighed last week and she had put on 6oz in 8 days which is good for Isla. So I'm trying not to worry if she's not drinking as much as other babies!

20Oz a day is really good Hun as Tegan only takes 22oz a day and she's 21 weeks xx

Having posted that yesterday, she's now having another off day and not eating much at all. I have to keep telling myself that she'll eat when she needs/wants to and it will pick up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back