Feeding during night.

l_maclean

Reaction score
Do you wait for LO to wake up fully??

G usually feeds once or twice a night, depending on when she goes down.

But realised tonight, that I wake when she gets wriggly, but not actually awake, tonight it was 3am she woke me after going down at 10ish, so cos I was awake, and she's been 5hours I was sure she was waking for a feed, but I lifted her before she was properly awake, it feels daft for me to lie waiting on her to waken, but I don't wanna roll over when I'm 90%sure she's gonna want fed.

But I'm wondering if I should be leaving her till she's properly awake so her time between feeds is stretching and we get a full night.

Xxx

Tyler fusses when he needs feeding. He's awake but still sleepy (I notice a difference in his awakeness if I change a nappy)

Ariel fusses because he's quite windy so sometimes he doesn't wake up and goes back to sleep as it's not about feeding. I always wake up but just have to wait and see if he continues ti fuss or conks out again

When he was younger he used to fuss in his sleep, so I'd wait and see if he fussed louder? Etc. Now he's not as vocal when he wakes but somehow I just 'know' he's ready, today it was 5:30 so defo wanted milk!! Xx

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Mummy to Joshua 23-01-10 &
Dylan 03-02-2012 <3 xx

I'd be tempted to leave her a few minutes and see if she does really want a feed iykwim? I remember jumping up every time E stirred yo make a bottle and half the time she was back asleep by yhe time I was done :wall: or she'd tale about 2 mouthfuls and then be done!

I am only now just learning that Emily fussed a lt and it's not all about the food! Now. Just wait a bit and see if she really is hungry before diving in with the bottle!

yeah the first 2 weeks i jumped up every time she stired but the last few days im waiting longer like last nite she started making noise at about 20 past 2 so i waited and she didnt actually waked for feed till 350, then didnt wake for her morning feed till almost 7 where as it had been anywer between 5 an 630 before. granted i was awake for the hour waitng to see but hoping with time she will just fall into a pattern and il know know what grunts are actual hunger ones

she is a very noisy sleeper so it confuses me not knowing if she is waking of sleep grunting iyknim

id defo wait a little longer if i was you

Thanks everyone. Will try holding out a bit longer. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back