• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feeding baby...

laura-82

Reaction score
Have you decided if you are breast or bottle feeding your LO's when they are born???

hoping you're all going to at least give Breast feeding a go! :) :hug:

i'll def be giving it a go.

although had quite an entertaining time trying to explain to OH why i would still need a breast pump and bottles - he didn't understand why i'd need any of that when i'd supplying the stuff "on tap" :rotfl:

I am going to give it a go too, but not get annoyed if I cant.

i'm hoping i can too
but if i cant then i cant

Definately going to give it a go and see how I get on...

Im going to give it a go, my boobs are much bigger so there must be some milk in there :lol:

Formula for me too. Can't even imagine breast feeding. Tried expressing a bit last time and it was messy smelly and embarressing for me.
Sorry Budge :|

emma28 said:
Formula for me too. Can't even imagine breast feeding. Tried expressing a bit last time and it was messy smelly and embarressing for me.
Sorry Budge :|

i hated expressing too. i can't do it. Don't know why. Not relaxed enough i think.

no need to be sorry. least you tried a bit. :hug:

breast for me, it wouldbe a shame if it turns out i cant..but im prepared for it to be painful as i have implants and i heard they can make it more painful

Breast - without a doubt. With all the health benefits to the kid I know it's what I want - And I've seen all the kit my friend has to take with her everywhere to bottle feed and I know I don't want that - especially as I want to carry my baby rather than push.

I've heard it can be hard but our midwife service does a same day response service if somebody is struggling (not a midwife it's a BFeeding bod that comes) and I've found the local La Leche if extra advice is needed.

Obviously if there's a medical reason and I'm advised to put the baby onto the bottle I won't hesitate but apart from that I know in the long run breast would be the right choice for me and bub.

I have a friend that tried breast then went to bottle and I think she made the right choice for her, she didn't tell anyone apart from her midwife she was struggling so didn't get much help and was getting really depressed about it. By the time she went to bottle I reckon it was that or a bloody breakdown!! I think seeing that happen has made me more determined to prepare and have help on hand.

breast for me too. Will force myself to as think it makes their immune system better. Also you get back into shape quicker too, bonus!

im gonna have a nervous break down if i cant breast feed lol.. seriously.. my heart n mind are set on it.. i even dreamt i was expressing last night..

i hope none of you think im sad or stupid for feeling so worked up about feeding my baby.. but i wasnt supported with charlotte.. and felt really let down after because a midwife told me i could have breast and bottle fed..just felt completly let down by the otehr midwife..

anyways.. im prepred this time.. shields nipplette electric breast pump :) so fingers crossed!

:wall: Oh no not the great bottle V's breast feeding debate again, dont turn it into a debate please or i'm gonna hide....... :cry:

I'm hoping so much to breastfeed after it being impossible with Isla, if not i'll be bottle feeding. And hopefully i wont get PND for not breastfeeding again.

I'll breast feed this one... I breast fed Tia, but only cos I was too lazy about doing all that bottle nonsense at stupid hour in the morning... Plus I liked the idea that it gets your body back in shape quicker.. (I'm so shallow)

The first 6 weeks are hard going, then you get over the hump and it's plain sailing.. but its definitely a skill that's not easy to master for mother AND baby. :x :x

I couldn't express though... Not at all.... I was always running on empty, Tia fed from both breasts at every feed and fed at one point every half hour, till I capitulated and got some forumla milk in to make up some bottles and top her up...

If you use formula don't feel bad...the breast feeding police are terrible...and everyone should be able to feed their babies how they want... As long as baby is fit and healthy and mum is happy, then you will have a plesent experience for everyone involved. Breast feeding, when it doesn't go right is a very painful and stressful time, and it makes both mums and babies sick and tired... That can't be better than bottle feeding...

I think people should give it a go, but not worry too much if it doesn't work out. :hug:

I am going to try breast feeding and expressing :)

me too , gonna try breast feeding and expressing as i want hubby to feed aswell , hopin starting early with both bottle and boob baby will get use to it ?

I'm gonna give the breast a go but I've promised myself that I won't get too upset if I struggle and it doesn't work.

I'm also gonna express because my OH really wants to be involved in the whole feeding thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back