• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

feeding baby in hospital?

sarah0202

Reaction score
Just wondered those of you who will be bottle feeding about feeding your newborn at hospital will you buy ready made milk and can you buy pre sterilized bottles?

I bottle fed both my boys (hoping to BF this time tho) and the hospital supplied the bottles & milk! It was already made up! They asked what formula we planned on giving & they bought the bottle of ready made milk through! Don't know if its all changed tho as that was 12 years ago! X x

Yep that's still the case - at the hospital I work in we still supply milk for bottle fed babies :) should be the same everywhere although I know some hospitals have started to stop due to the breastfeeding initiative, so ask your midwife when you next see her! Pretty sure about 90% of hospitals still do supply bottle milk though x

russells hall dont supply new mothers with formula milk because of the breast feeding initiative so if for any reason i cant BF then i'll take formula with me (but they do have sterilizers in the rooms which is good)

i'm sure the rosie at addenbrooks have stopped supplying milk they did supply when i has ds just over 3 years ago, i'm hoping i won't have to stay so won't be in there long but will still need to feed baby i know you can get ready made milk in cartons but was unsure about the bottles?

You can buy the little bottles with teats from mothercare with formula in them if your hospital doesn't supply xxx

You can buy the little bottles with teats from mothercare with formula in them if your hospital doesn't supply xxx

oh can you? thanks will have a look for them a bit nearer the time x

My hospital doesn't provide formula anymore. If u want to bottle feed, u have to take ur own bottles and formula.

russells hall dont supply new mothers with formula milk because of the breast feeding initiative so if for any reason i cant BF then i'll take formula with me (but they do have sterilizers in the rooms which is good)

Hi Winnie is that Russells Hall in Dudley? I live in wolverhampton :)

I'm gonna BF but am taking some bottles and the ready made cartons with me for just in case BF goes horribly wrong. I'm still taking them even if they tell me that the hospital will provide. It's just I keep getting told different things off different people about what they do and don't do so I'm just gonna make sure I am prepared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back