Fears of Miscarriage - Can you stop me worrying?!

Nic

Reaction score
Hi,

I think I'm nearly at week 7 of my first pregnancy. I've known now for a week and am already madly in love with my little unborn shrimp!

The only person I've told is a friend who has 2 little girls and she has scared the life out of me!

She told me about the fact that you can miscarry without realising up to 12 weeks, and you wouldn't find out til your first scan at 14 weeks!

This has terrified me! I assumed that if I miscarried I would know!

I've also been reading the books that say I have a 1 in 5 chance of miscarrying and not to get too excited! Its too late for that!

Can anyone reassure me? I'm 26 years old, very health conscious and fit. What are my chances?

Every little twinge I feel now convinces me that I've lost the baby, and I do a pregnancy test every other day to check its still there!

I'm going to go mad if I keep this up until 12 weeks!

Thanks, Nic.

first of all :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: and secondly i just wanted to replay back what my doctor said to me when seeing her after finding out i was pregnant she said although she can't say it won't happen it's unlikely it'll happen, so try to be positive :hug: :) i think your friend was a bit mean saying what she said i'd advise you to ignore her and enjoy your pregnancy it's unlikely to happen so keep your chin up and don't worry as it's not good for you or your lil bean to worry :D

every1 worries hun i think u dont stop at all in pregnancy.
just enjoy it hun most miscarriages happen b4 u even know ur pregnant,
wot sort of friend says that 2 somebody, take no notice

Oh my god Nic this is just like me!!!!

I only found out I was pregnant on thursday and im petrified im not going to get to 12 weeks. Im so so thrilled to be pregnant again.

Hears hoping we will be fine.....try not to listen to your nasty friend!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I rememebr when I was pregnant with Seren aa had these worries my Dr said that yes there was a 1 in 5 chance I could miscarry but there was a 4 in 5 chance my baby would be just fine.

I dont think there is a single person on this forum who hasnt worried themselves to death during the 1st Tri......its human nature, but then please dont worry too much - being stressed out isnt good for you or the baby!! In a few weeks it will be time for your 12 week scan which is an amazing moment!

Then before you know it you will be joining us all in Tri 2, and although there is still some degree of worry it does get much less, especially when you start to feel the baby moving all the time, and your bump gets bigger and bigger every day!

I know its much easier said than done, but try to enjoy your pregnancy, as everyone keeps telling me it all goes so fast!

Hi Nic,
I'm 7wks too and have been worrying about MC I go as far as checking the loo paper every time I go to the loo, every twinge and ache i think whats that about, it's normal. My Doc says try not to worry it's unlikely to happen the reason we worry is because we hear all the horror stories and don't help ourselves because we keep reading them! the statistics of 1 in 6 end doesn't help,you and I are more likely to fall into the other 5 in 6 that are successful. I'm trying to relax and take each day as it comes. i think it's good you are aware of all the aches and pains it means you're in tune with your body. Don't listen to your friend she isn't being very helpful or supportive something which you really don't need right now, this is what we are all here for. We all worry hun it's to prepare us for worrying about our babies when they are born until they get to 18yrs!
take care
Dx

beanie said:
I rememebr when I was pregnant with Seren aa had these worries my Dr said that yes there was a 1 in 5 chance I could miscarry but there was a 4 in 5 chance my baby would be just fine.

Very good way of putting it :dance:

Dustydog said:
Hi Nic,
I'm 7wks too and have been worrying about MC I go as far as checking the loo paper every time I go to the loo, every twinge and ache i think whats that about, it's normal. My Doc says try not to worry it's unlikely to happen the reason we worry is because we hear all the horror stories and don't help ourselves because we keep reading them! the statistics of 1 in 6 end doesn't help,you and I are more likely to fall into the other 5 in 6 that are successful. I'm trying to relax and take each day as it comes. i think it's good you are aware of all the aches and pains it means you're in tune with your body. Don't listen to your friend she isn't being very helpful or supportive something which you really don't need right now, this is what we are all here for. We all worry hun it's to prepare us for worrying about our babies when they are born until they get to 18yrs!
take care
Dx

Yeah I know what you mean about reading stories, its not good for the mind! I have read about etopic pregnancies and the other day I had a bad pain in my side and I thought oh no, .. turns out, it was major wind :lol:

take no notice of ur friend!!!!!! that was quite insensitive of her.

like ur said ur fit and young and ur doing everything right, sometimes its just nature that decides somethings wrong but console yourself with the fact that you are doing everyting right and theres only a small chance things can go wrong..

now go and enjoy ur pregnancy :hug:

I don't think you stop worrying about the well-being of your child from the moment you know you're pregnant. It's part of being a parent. But like the others say, while there is a chance of miscarriage, there is a higher chance of having a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Try not to panic about it, and try and enjoy your pregnancy. :hug:

Forgot to say that 1 in 5 includes early miscarriages like chemical pregnancies etc which usually happen without people knowing. I don't know the figures for our stage but its nothing to worry about... even though I have a thread saying the same thing! :lol:

You could go for an early scan to put your mind at ease...

I worried all the way throught my first tri, and even tho im now in the 2nd tri I still worry over every niggle and wipe when i go to the loo. I dont think it really ever ends until you see your baby in your arms.
My advice would be take it in stages. mine was first get to double figure, then 12 week, now its get to 20 weeks for next scan. after that 24 when bubs is viable. am hoping after that i may feel a bit better, cos at the moment i still feel the rug could be pulled out from under me at any time!

a
x

Annabanna33 said:
I dont think it really ever ends until you see your baby in your arms.

yes this is true and then you have a whole new set of things to worry about :rotfl:

Hi :hug: just wanted to say re testing all the time - waste of time. If the worst was to happen a pregnancy test wouldnt tell you as it would take ages for hcg to go down so try and relax, and as someone said think of the 4 in 5 odds that everything will be ok! They are the best odds to gamble on :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back