Father's Day... ;-)

munchkin1982

Reaction score
.... just thought we could have an "ideas" thread going for those of us who really have no clue of what to get our Daddy's-To-Be, First-Time Daddy's... well, All Daddy's really!!!

What are you getting your OH? Are you buying or making?

I personally have no clue. My OH is sooooooooooooo hard to buy for. I have however found a digital photo keyring which can hold over 400 photos which is a strong contender for a "bought" present. What do you think? xx

If it's too pricey I wouldn't bother hun, I have one and it's scraped to bits, I never look at it :blush: there are lots of daddy gifts which I think are lovely because you can keep them, silly little things like trophies and a medal for round his neck, C's first fathers day I made him wear it all day :lol: x

This might sound mean but he's getting nothing!! I didn't even get a card for mothers day so why should I make the effort for him!

I've ordered a frame of amazon which says me & my daddy and Im goin to put a nice picture in it of them both when Tegan was a baby xx

Denis likes films and editing home movies so I'm in the middle of putting pictures and video of him and Isla together with the song "family man" by fleetwood mac.

He also has a bottle of whisky.
He told me not to go mad as his dad died when he was 13 so it's a bad day for him :(

I got OH a photo mug with a collage of pictures of Zachary on for his birthday, he loves it. Not sure what to do for fathers day yet x

We are away on our caravan holiday so just going to take him some cards and bits with us then just spoil him on the day cooked breakfast etc. Think it will be nice being away on fathers day :) I love how my older two get so excited they love waking him up And jumping on the bed lol

This might sound mean but he's getting nothing!! I didn't even get a card for mothers day so why should I make the effort for him!

Whaaaat? I would never let that go, how completely mean!! Hope you are holding that against him, so rude!

I've bought Olly a mouse mat that says something like Daddy's My Hero with a space to insert a picture of LO, but I'm not sure what to get him for an actual present. He's good at present buying but I'm rubbish, I need to be told exactly what to get lol

Last edited:
I didn't get anything either chaz. He was away that weekend (not a good excuse in my eyes). I don't know if I'm getting him anything, I was thinkin of taking him n Noa out for a meal. I would like to buy him a nice keyring but have not seen any.

Accually I don't think I will bother, for Christmas I bought him a wallet n put a pic of me n Noa in it. After an argument he chucked it in a drawer n its still laying there, ungreatful twat

went to mothercare yesterday and got a 'super dad' card and a 'superdad' photo key ring. going to get a bottle of jd and maybe go to harvester x

If it's too pricey I wouldn't bother hun, I have one and it's scraped to bits, I never look at it :blush: there are lots of daddy gifts which I think are lovely because you can keep them, silly little things like trophies and a medal for round his neck, C's first fathers day I made him wear it all day :lol: x

aaawww, are those keyrings really that bad? it's off ebay hun... about £8 or there are 3 for £20 so thought I could get my Dad one too and I'll keep the other one cos it's pink lol ;-) not sure now though... xx

I was the same hun... had thought about not bothering but don't think I could. Too nice for my own good me lol xx

I've ordered a frame of amazon which says me & my daddy and Im goin to put a nice picture in it of them both when Tegan was a baby xx

Beautiful idea. Just a case of finding a decent pic of them both - OH hates photos of himself - he's so awkward :-( xx

Denis likes films and editing home movies so I'm in the middle of putting pictures and video of him and Isla together with the song "family man" by fleetwood mac.

He also has a bottle of whisky.
He told me not to go mad as his dad died when he was 13 so it's a bad day for him :(

Brilliant idea :) So sorry to hear about his dad hun :-( xx

I got OH a photo mug with a collage of pictures of Zachary on for his birthday, he loves it. Not sure what to do for fathers day yet x

Also brilliant :) xx

We are away on our caravan holiday so just going to take him some cards and bits with us then just spoil him on the day cooked breakfast etc. Think it will be nice being away on fathers day :) I love how my older two get so excited they love waking him up And jumping on the bed lol

aaawww bless them :) hope you have a fantastic time :) xx

Whaaaat? I would never let that go, how completely mean!! Hope you are holding that against him, so rude!

I've bought Olly a mouse mat that says something like Daddy's My Hero with a space to insert a picture of LO, but I'm not sure what to get him for an actual present. He's good at present buying but I'm rubbish, I need to be told exactly what to get lol

aaawww that's a fab idea hun. OH needs a new mouse mat too lol ;-) xx

I didn't get anything either chaz. He was away that weekend (not a good excuse in my eyes). I don't know if I'm getting him anything, I was thinkin of taking him n Noa out for a meal. I would like to buy him a nice keyring but have not seen any.

Accually I don't think I will bother, for Christmas I bought him a wallet n put a pic of me n Noa in it. After an argument he chucked it in a drawer n its still laying there, ungreatful twat

aaawww Isobel... I think alot of men just don't think about that sort of thing. I sent mine and OH's Mums cards on monther's day (dear Nanny on Monther's Day) from Layla. OH didn't see the point :shock::wall2: It's just what I like to do lol xx

went to mothercare yesterday and got a 'super dad' card and a 'superdad' photo key ring. going to get a bottle of jd and maybe go to harvester x

another fab idea :) My OH loves Banks' Beer but I can't get hold of any of it down here :-( xx

I can't believe these dads that didn't bother with mothers day, what absolute meanies.

They defo need payback lol

I can't believe these dads that didn't bother with mothers day, what absolute meanies.

They defo need payback lol

I don't think we could quite believe it either hun. My OH knew EXACTLY how I felt about it I can tell you! lol.

Needless to say, I had a card AND a beautiful "Mother's Love" Photo frame with a picture of Layla and me in it for my birthday. From him... a massive fiancee card and a lovely watch :) Sometimes men just need telling. Somehow I don't think he will be quite so quick to forget Mother's day next year! xx

I can't even remember what Lee got me it feels so long ago, am not sure if I got anything other than a card! Tbh though I'm not really bothered cos he's always buying me little gifts here and there for no reason so as long as I get a card on those days it's ok. I have no idea what to get him, it won't be anything major as I ent long spent a fortune on him for his birthday.
He's told me not to worry about it cos he knows it's gonna be a sad day for me anyway but if I see something special I'll get it. If I come up with any ideas I'll post in here :)

I'm not getting mine anything either. I didn't get anything for mothers day..never do.

That's an alright price so I suppose it's okay, I never look at mine though xx

I got a lovely keyring off eBay Evelina, was cheap and it's lovely, with a pic on one side x

Cos my OH smokes, and has a "thing" for Zippo lighters, do you think it would be "wrong" to get him one? There is a guy on there who will engrave and put a pic on it? It's a Zippo-type lighter. I just don't know what to get him lol xx

Cos my OH smokes, and has a "thing" for Zippo lighters, do you think it would be "wrong" to get him one? There is a guy on there who will engrave and put a pic on it? It's a Zippo-type lighter. I just don't know what to get him lol xx

I don't think there would be anything wrong with that, alot of ppl like zippos and they are a collectible anyways, and if he's got a thing for them I think it would be something he'd really love. My OH has a zippo with an engraving of his sound systems logo on it and he doesn't even smoke!

xxxx

Would it be bad of me to buy "OH" a 3d scan for fathers day :lol: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back