FAO The Wife aka Terrie - re Ring Slings

Mervs Mum

Reaction score
OK so I am struggling with the Moby wrap :( I dont know if me and Sid are a bad combo - I'm too fat and he's too long but I cant get it to work for me :wall: I've watch youtube but I STILL cant suss it.

So I have a cheapo ring sling which on first impressions I like! BUT the material doesnt slide thru the rings easily.....soooooo recommendations please oh natural one! xx

Last edited:
Ohhhh, I got a Moby one too. Gonna have to practice before I use it for real I think ....

sorry was feeding time at the zoo *rolls eyes*

ok, the thing with the moby wrap is that you have to put it on quite tight when you do the first stage of putting it on (until you put the two pieces that go over your shoulders through the middle bit) otherwise it will feel all wrong.. i agree with you though i found BFing in the moby a bit of a nightmare it seemed ffions position was a bit off??

so youre looking at ring slings now? i LOVED my Maya wrap ring sling.. love love love 10/10 i have tried others like the Ellaroo (organic one i had) and a few other brands i cant remember and they were nice enough but the Maya and Ellaroo topped them all!!

i also had a few pouch slings..i loved my Tri-cotti pouch and i also had a coorie pouch *fleecy for winter*

ooooooh and for summer the Maya silk ring slings keep you soooooooooo cool!!!!! my friend had one and let me try it!! totally FAB!!

if you want to show me a pic of you wearing your moby too i could tell you if you can improve the fit by doing anything :hug:

Last edited:
thanks darling. I can tie it but I cant seem to get him in it :eh:

Am I missing a trick when I adjust the ring sling?

I follow this video but when I pull the 'tail' to adjust it doesnt slide thru the rings easily at all.....but it's not a silky / shiny material.....is that what I need?
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=p_5ga5U0o7U&feature=related

Oh I had this problem with the ring sling but I didn't start using it until much later and just assumed it was cos little legs was a porker

the silk Maya and the organic Ellaroo are easier to pull through than the normal Maya.. as in they "glide" through the rings easier if thats what you mean. it never really bothered me too much though, it reasured me that it wouldnt just fall off me with Ffion in it LMAO!!

you should look at Mei Tais LMAO... Ffion had a custom made Melkaj and i loved it..i put both mine in Mei Tais from 4 months but i never tried BFing in them.

sorry lisa thinking about it the organic Ellaroo wasnt easier than the normal Maya.. but deffo the silk Maya :D

I love the Mai tais ( babyhawk) it's so comfy even now at 28lb :shock: I can't carry him in the ring sling anymore it hurts now

Rhys is 3 (he weighs 27lb) and he still loves to be carried in his Toddlehawk! its handy for when we go to the zoo he goes on OHs back!

I LOVED that custom mei tai you had....too many pennies for me! do you still have a picture we cn drool over?? :)

I do mean I want the fabric to glide a bit easier - this one is basically stuck tight once threaded!

Will pop on my laptop now and post them :)

main design

meitai1.jpg

reverse design

reverse.jpg

Ffion snuggling

IMG_5630.jpg

and Ffions mei tai for her baby dolls (which im looking to sell Lisa *wink wink* lmao!)

meitai6.jpg

reverse side

FfionsMeiTai1.jpg

Awwwww.....I didnt know you could get dolly ones!!! :cloud9: you are too naughty :shakehead:

ok then, I think we need a sling meet with Terry involved, I've borrowed the ring sling but it was sold a bit better too me :lol: ;)

ok then, I think we need a sling meet with Terry involved, I've borrowed the ring sling but it was sold a bit better too me :lol: ;)

:rofl: no it is good when they are littler :rofl: and will be great for BF'ing, it's just I always had to take his weight to tighten it up but can't just pull it through the rings you need to feed it through :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back