family cars

just another thought to keep in mind if you're looking for a bigger car..seats...we found that individual back seats were a lot better as opposed to a double and a sngle or a sliding back 3 seats etc. They seem to fit the kiddies car seat/booster seats in better where as if you dont go for individual seats you can only generally get 2 kinds of seats in the back (middle row)

And on another note, i know no one has mentioned them but DONT get a vauxhall zafira!!! we had one on hire when our car was being repaired...it was the worst ever, ok it drove alright but there is just no room in them and a standard cheapie argos fold-up buggy would hardly fit in the boot space let alone a pram!!

When they came to collect the car back they asked us what we thought so i told them straight, they agreed and said they haven't met one person yet who has liked them, definately not a family car.

Another word on the galaxy (sorry forgot who was thinkin of them) there is lots of head/leg room, my brother is 6ft 5 and he says its got plenty of leg room, its easy enough to starp a kiddy in the middle seat as you can literally stand inside and put them in so you don't have to lean over awkwardly and ALL the seats recline so is great for long journeys.

On a bad not though do your research on them, there were a lot made before a certain year that had electrical faults, not sure when it was but if i can find out from dh later i'll let you know.

heh heh, we have NO car...

...and planning to stay that way too! :think:

thanks for the tip on the galaxy i will google it some more, yeah i agree zafira did look small plus u dont get the nice captains chair which i really want as my back aches when i drive

Okaasan said:
heh heh, we have NO car...

...and planning to stay that way too! :think:

Wow - I must say I'm jealous!
Problem is, there is no bus to our nearest supermarket and it is a 20-30 minute drive away so I can't walk it!

If we didn't have a car we would starve! OK we have online shopping but there comes a point where you want to go and get your own shopping.

If we lived in a more central location, then I must admit, I wouldn't see much of a need for our car.

Good on you!

Yeah, we're lucky in that we're only 20 mins walk from town and work. We tend to do small shops about 2-3 times/week, ont he wsay home from work etc. Also good that we have a car club in our town - we pay £3/hour for a shared-use car if we need it.

It means we have to be a bit creative with solutions for getting the little 'un around though! We're buying a bike trailer that converts to a stroller/jogger/pram with enough room to fix a car seat inside for when we need to go and collect a car club car. Also lots of slings etc for walking.

But the positive side is that it saves a few pennies for all the other expensive stuff... I do love driving but cars are as bad as babies for sucking up your spare cash, so one of the two is enough!!

We have a Nissan Note, its very spacey, comfortable and easy to drive.

The back seat can move so you can increase boot space if you do a large shop, and even with the seat pushed forward there is a lot of foot space in the back.

Also there is a false boot floor, that you can take out and increase your boot depth, I find this useful when I take the dog out, as the boot is deeper and she cannot jump into the front :lol: Also useful for putting a buggy in as you would easy be able to fit buggy and shopping in if you took out the false floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back