faint line confused

donna123

Reaction score
hi everyone
im new here and could really use some help
I am 4 days late and took a test on wednesday and one on thursday they both had a faint line, I took another this evening and no line, I feel sick alot, but am very confused, could I be pregnant
my cycle is 28 days every month, we had ttc on the 19th 20th 21st and 22nd of october and I ovulated on the 21st of october

It sounds possible donna123 :D Doing a pregnancy test with your first wee of the day will produce the most accurate result. Sometimes when you test in the evening, the pregancy hormone is too diluted by what you have been drinking during the day.

It might be worth a trip to your doctors to confirm :) Congratulations though as two faint morning positives are a good sign :D

Hi Donna. :wave: It sounds promising. If you are pg, you'd expect the line to get stronger (depending on the test), so test today or tomorrow with FMU (first morning urine) - as Mildly says, the hormone is less diluted.

However - I had faint positives for three days which didn't get stronger, and then I had negatives. I was feeling really sick too. It turned out to be a chemical pregnancy (a really early miscarriage, where the embryo doesn't implant properly). My period came late, and heavy. So I wish you lots of luck, but don't get your hopes up too much till you see another positive!

If you ov'ed on the 21st Oct, to be 4 days late last night you'd have been expecting quite a long luteal phase (at least 16 days) - which is at the end of the range of usual (12-16). So it's possible, but it's also possible that you're later than you thought or (more likely, perhaps) that you ov'ed slightly later than you thought? The only reason I say this is that a decent test at 21 dpo (yesterday) should be accurate though there are always exceptions. How are you checking your ov date?

good luck!

Hi
I used clearblue ovulation test
i started getting cramps this morning so I think af is on the way
lol
Donna

The ov test measures luteinising hormone (LH), not HCG - the preg test measures HCG. You've prob seen people talking about using ov tests for pregnancy testing, but they work in a different way - with preg tests, any line is a line. With ov tests, the line has to be darker/stronger than the control line to be meaningful - there's always LH present in the body.

So theoretically, the ov test could tell you that you have high LH levels, suggesting possible pregnancy, but a) it's not conclusive because the high LH could be due to something else and b) a faint line on an ov test actually tells you that you have low LH levels.

Sorry to disappoint you - it sounds as though you caught the final traces of LH fading away after ovulation. Better luck next cycle :hug:

Sorry - I'm now really confused - did you mean you used the ov test for checking ov dates, or as a pregnancy test?

If the former, ignore the above post! I've just been reading other posts asking about opks as preg tests, and got myself mixed up!

You'd expect to ov within 12-36 hours of a positive ov, so the reason I was asking was that if you used an OPK on the afternoon of the 21st, it is possible you didn't ov until the 23rd - which would make the luteal phase a bit shorter. Anyway, good luck, and hope AF stays away!

hi
it was a pregnancy test
my cycle is always 28 days my last period was the 10th oct and i should have had af on the 7th november.
im very confused myself
lol
donna

maybe try again in a few days with a clearblue digital for a more definite answer.
Good luck :hug:

hi
ladys
just wanted to let you know af just arrived, dont get it though as i was late for af when i got 2 bfp
lol
donna

Hi,

Just wanted to say a similar thing happened to me about 18 months ago. Hadn't been trying and was still breast feeding my 2nd so I thought it could have just been due to strange hormones but when I mentioned it to the m/w who scanned me when I had my m/c this July, she said it was likely a very early m/c. Anyway, had some preg symptoms, AF arrived but was fairly light, and the symptoms continued so I did a test which was very faintly positive. The next day I did another and that was negative.

I guess I'll never know!!

All the very best. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back