Expert Pram help please!!!!

heles7

Reaction score
I think I'm actually going to scream! I'm sick of looking at travel systems and just not knowing what to get.

For ages I've had my mind set on the Graco Vivo. It offered the opportunity to have baby face me in the carry cot mode, plus car seat and other extras for less than £200. BUT I've seen a few reviews from people suggesting that baby won't fit in the car seat for long though. Graco say it's suitable from birth to 13kg and I am having problems finding anywhere with carrycot attachment available.

I really don't agree with the high cost of a lot of the top branded products but the only other system I really like the look of one of the Mamas and Papas ones. I think the viaggio seat is also recommended - birth 13kg.

So, those of you who have gone for the M&P systems - how long until you needed to upgrade your car seat? Do you think it is worth the money?

I have been saying all along I really didn't want to buy a second hand pushchair but now maybe I should reconsider. OH certainly will not agree to new M&P prices.

:wall:

I wish I would wake up and find that the pushchair fairies have been in the night and left me the perfect pram all ready to go!!!

I cant help with the questions you have about the M&P car seat but I would definitely recommend taking a look at the M&P factory shop in Huddersfield, I notice you're in Manchester so its only 40 min drive or so.

They have some real bargains on prams/travel systems/pushchairs, you can save around £200 compared to the normal shop prices, maybe even more.

thanks charlie!

I've already asked OH if he fancies a jaunt out there at weekend. I only have to tell him there is a nice looking real ale type pub we can call in at on the way back... and he's sold!

just as i wrote the message above, he sent me this via instant messenger:

find me a nice pub and buy me pie and i'll take you

Hi :wave: I havn't seen this carseat but if it says up to 13kg(28lbs) then your LO should fit in it for quite a while. Jake is nearly 15 months old and 20lb in weight and although we don't use it anymore he still fits in to his infant carseat. Jake is fairly small but I would have thought that this carseat would last until your LO is atleast 9 months old. You will then beable to buy a forward facing seat( they are usually 9 months to 4 years) providing your LO weighs over 20lb. If your LO grows out of the seat length ways before they are 9 months old then you will need to buy a combination seat(they are birth to 4 years) which can be rear facing until they are old enough to turn around to forward facing.

Thanks Gemma, thats really useful stuff. I'm so afraid this little lad is actually going to be a big boy though! I'm measuring big and im not one of the more slender girlies and his dad was born weiging a whopping 101lbs.

I know size of parents doesnt necessary effect size of baby but still feeling a bit :shock: about it!

You could always buy a normal pram and not a travel system and then buy a combination seat instead. The only negative to this is that you have to take your LO out of it when you get anywhere where if you have the infant seat with a handle you can just leave them in it and take the seat with you.

heles7 said:
Thanks Gemma, thats really useful stuff. I'm so afraid this little lad is actually going to be a big boy though! I'm measuring big and im not one of the more slender girlies and his dad was born weiging a whopping 101lbs.

I know size of parents doesnt necessary effect size of baby but still feeling a bit :shock: about it!

:shock: :shock: That is huge lol :wink:

lol, lets hope he doesnt come out according to my typos!

what is correct way to right the measurment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back