Pushchair advice please...

clarey

Reaction score
Hiya,we have just been looking at prams/travel systems and been given loads of conflicting advice from various places so now I am just confused...dont think its just my preg brain!

We have been looking at systems such as Quinny Buzz and werent planning on getting the carrycot attachments as there isnt a lot of room in my car or house for the extra bulk. We thought we would just use the car seat attachment while bean is tiny and then the main pushchair bit after that...BUT then we were just told the baby must be lying flat if we take her out for longer than half an hour and the carrycot attachment is essential....does the main seat not recline fully anyway? Its all so confusing!

Anyone with a Buzz or similar who can help? we need something that can cope on rough roads/tracks and hard sand as we like to walk places but which wont be enormous to fit in the car!

Thanks x

I did consider the buzz but the seat unit put me off it.
It does not recline, the whole seat tips back so even when its in lie flat the babys still in a sitting position.
I've noticed mothercare say the seat unit is from 6 months, whilst toys r us say from birth.
I personally think the seat unit is no way suitable for a newborn and would only use it with the carrycot for the first few months.
The seat unit also looks really small so I thought a toddler might be a bit squashed in it.

ETA: Although you can put a newborn in the carseat on the chassis it is recommended baby doesn't stay in there for more than 2 hours at a time.

I think the Quinny Speedi might be suitable from newborn without a carrycot as it reclines flat. I've never seen one in the flesh though.

We have the Buzz, and got the carrycot which we used a few times so was a total waste of money :x

We used the car seat and chassis mainly, but once she was 6 months, used the pushchair part...now that does recline so it might be suitable for new borns :think:

We bought a Petie Star Zia lightweight stroller recently- we wanted Zapp from Quinny but it didnt recline, the Zia does so is suitable from birth......

Hmmm, I hadnt noticed that the seat only tips back rather than reclining on the Buzz...but I guess that still takes the pressure off the spine anyway.

Ruby's mummy - I just noticed where you are, can you suggest the best paces to look at pushchairs, we have only tried toys r us and mothercare in chester so far...I think the petite star has too small wheels for off-roading though.

Maybe I will just forget it and buy a baby sling! lol!

Thanks for your help

if ur offroading a lot. then u need 3 wheels ;)

Hav you considered a Jane pram, have a look at there range.

clarey...

Go and have a look at prams & cots galore in Chester they have loads of them for u too look at and get some sort of idea on what u want..
They are open everyday i think

The Olde Church
Christleton Road
Chester
Cheshire
CH3 5UQ

I've bought a Jane Slalom for the new baby, they are really nice and lie very flat so are suitable from newborn.

Have you tried Babylicious in Hoylake? They have a good range of prams.we got the Zia there. we walk alot with the dog on the beach, so use a sling/carrier as the Buzz and Zia are no good on sand :x With hindsight we should of got a good off road pram :|

Where in Wirral are you Clarey?? We are in Wallasey :wave: xx

Rubys mummy said:

Sorry to butt in, and go off topic :oops: I'm just sat up the road from you in Greasby at the moment :D

Emmylou said:
Rubys mummy said:

Sorry to butt in, and go off topic :oops: I'm just sat up the road from you in Greasby at the moment :D

:wave: :wave: You arent far from me :cheer: Are you here visiting or are you round these parts Em?

Rubys mummy said:
Emmylou said:
[quote="Rubys mummy":372o23wh]

:wave: :wave: You arent far from me :cheer: Are you here visiting or are you round these parts Em?[/quote:372o23wh]

I'll pm you.....sorry for the hijack Clarey :oops: :D

lol thats OK, I am in Little Neston :wave:

Will check out that place in Hoylake next week thanks rubys mummy, we have been to the prams and cots galore place in Chester today who were really helpful and their prices seem better than high st shops, think we are getting somewhere finally....

Def thinking of getting a sling for the beach, will solve a lot of hassles!!

Thanks for all your advice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back