Experience of Silent Reflux?

littlemiss83

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of silent reflux with their LO's or friends/family LO's?

Please share!!

xxxxxxxxxx

Going to sound stupid :blush: What is silent reflux?x

Its like normal reflux except baby swallows the sick back rather than it coming out.

xxxxx

That sounds unpleasant. x

I think G does this. My aunt asked the other day if she had reflux cos of the faces she was making. She's not sick very often though, but she does make a lot of retching noises at times. I've just got infacol cos shes also pretty windy, and (touch wood) she's been more settled at the last feeds. Xxx

Yes him my LO had this but it developed into being sick! She has been takin baby gaviscon in her milk- has worked wonders!

I sometimes see it come up still and she swallows it but she doesn't seem to be in pain with it anymore now she has the gaviscon xxx

l_mclean, after doing alot of reading it turns out silent reflux can often be confused with colic (I thought Kayden had colic & also tried infacol) try not to worry too much, all babies make strange noises/faces. I used to sit in absolute panic with my 1st because of the strange noises she made!

Gaviscon is working wonders for us so far, we've had no "episodes" and all reflux symptoms are gone. Marley...can I ask - how much gaviscon do you give? Theres a bit of confusion here coz doc says half a sachet in each bottle but box says 2 sachets every bottle (we've been giving 2)

xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back