Expecting twins...stressed...sick note?!

Reena

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im hoping for some advice, really confused and upset. I work in a secondary school as a science teacher and my department is on the third floor, there are no lifts and no toilets up there and its getting really hard for me to go up and down, even at four months, but maybe its cos Im having twins. They are really not understanding and I have major backache, migraines and cramps sometimes. I feel like asking my GP for a note to take some time off but dont wanna be a crybaby and moan about it too much, Ive always stuck at work even with my baby son and he's only 8 months so its hard at home too.
Should I speak to my doc? I dont even know what to say! please help!

Thanks

Have you had a risk assessment carried out on you? Maybe you should request one and voice your concerns at the same time :think:

Yeah I was going to suggest risk assessment too :hug:

Definitely, they are required to do one by law.

Thx guys...thing is, I had a risk assessment and nothing is really been done, Ive been told to use the lift in the other building but Im in the one that doesnt have one!! :oops:

I just feel so crap all the time that I wanna take some time off and review my options about working through this pregnancy...Im just worried that the doc will think Im moaning unnecessarily and just using this as an excuse to take time off...but I cant stop feeling so bad...every day is a nightmare!!!!! :wall:

I don't think the Doc will see you as a moan, they should understand.

At the end of the day, you want to do whats best for you, twins and your whole family. If it means taking time off, just do it and ignore what other teachers will think. Its your descision and you will has to deal with the consequences :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back