help - expecting twins!

aimesuk

Reaction score
hi ladies,

i am expecting boy twins and have been given and induction date of 26th Jan. Everything seems so real now!

however, i am starting to get myself into a bit of a panic about money situation. I spoke to the tax credits people yesterday, and was basically told that as i have never claimed before i should wait until the babies are born and then they will assess because otherwise they will work off last years figs (and i will probably qualify for nothing).

i have just sent off my form for the SureStart grant, but again, i think they are going to make me wait until i have been assessed for tax credits.

my biggest worry at the moment is getting the kids home from the hospital once they are born - ideally, i want 2 britax car seats suitable up to age 4 as i think the smaller ones will be a waste of money with 2, but they are so expensive! there is only so much i can rely on my parents for (OH dad is about as much use as a chocolate teapot - in all respects).

so anyway, my query is - is there anywhere i can go for cheap carseats or can i get an emergency grant for things like this? i am scared that if i buy the seats now, it will get to crunch time and i will have no money for food or to heat my home. it's really upsetting me to be honest.

thanks for any help or opinions!!

Have u tried freecycle or amybe some of the buy sell sites or even ebay

as you said the 1st stage seats are a bit or a waste.. and they are around the same price as the 0-4years ones anyways.. i bought this http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... ARSEAT.htm its birth to 4 years.. and i find it really good.. personally i would go for a birth to 4 years one again... if i had to do it all over again from the start.. xx good luck xx

thanks for the advice - i have just looked at that Argos one and it looks great! i must have missed that one because i am sure i looked on the website........

thanks for your help - now i know there is one available i'm feeling a bit calmer. might even order online this evening.

amy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back