exhausted at 31 weeks

Amy P

Reaction score
I'm 31 weeks and feel completely exhausted most of the time. I am sleeping around 9 hours a night and then waking up for work. I work a 9-5 job with an hour commute so am unable to nap during the day but feel my self falling asleep at my desk and I cant seem to snap out of it.

My other half has been really helpful making dinners and cleaning in the evenings so I can rest but getting through the work day is becoming very difficult.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can make myself feel more awake whilst at work?

Have you had your iron levels tested? Anemia can cause exhaustion. But saying that I'm 30 weeks and feel pretty tired all the time too. With the hours you work I'm not surprised you're tired, can you reduce your hours at all?

Have you had your iron levels tested? Anemia can cause exhaustion. But saying that I'm 30 weeks and feel pretty tired all the time too. With the hours you work I'm not surprised you're tired, can you reduce your hours at all?

They tested my iron at my last appointment and said it was normal. I'm not able to reduce my hours either without it affecting my maternity leave.

I'm due to go on maternity leave in 4 weeks but I don't know how im going to survive work until then :(

I'm 31 weeks and shattered as well, my sickness has returned over the past month or so as well so that's really not helping either! I don't have any advice I'm afraid, I suppose just to rest as much as possible, because it's going to be a long time before you get the opportunity to again :wink: Having said that I understand how difficult that is with the nesting hormones raging - I've moved on to organising the garden because there isn't anything left to do in the house! Xx

I was tired all the time at 31 weeks, it’s pretty normal. I ended up going on mat leave at 32 weeks and if was the best decision ever!! I felt a lot healthier and much less tired when I wasn’t working. x

It's almost like you can't win in the 3rd trimester.. I wish I could sleep at all as the restless legs causes me to get hardly any so feel shattered too.. Its really tough! I work 9-5 too and it's the afternoons that are the hardest and then driving 45mins home.

I'm getting v exhausted too lately. I'm 29 weeks. I had my blood results back last week and my iron levels had dropped since my previous blood test. Not to the point where they would recommend iron tablets, but i was advised to boost my diet with iron rich foods.

It is a common thing at our stage of pregnancy. Plenty of fortified cereals, wholemeal bread, jacket potatoes, beans and greens for us I think!

I'm getting v exhausted too lately. I'm 29 weeks. I had my blood results back last week and my iron levels had dropped since my previous blood test. Not to the point where they would recommend iron tablets, but i was advised to boost my diet with iron rich foods.

It is a common thing at our stage of pregnancy. Plenty of fortified cereals, wholemeal bread, jacket potatoes, beans and greens for us I think!
I’m massively struggling with tiredness. I feel like I’ve lost the will to live. Yet as soon as he moves or gives me a shove I get the biggest smile on my face. If only I could be so happy all the time :lol:

I'm 30 weeks today but feel like I've been 9 months pregnant from the start!
Possible because this is my second, but I was soooooo ill for the first 3-4 months, and I've pretty much been exhausted ever since.
I do get the odd day/ couple of days where I seem to get a burst of energy and enthusiasm, but being pregnant is exhausting!
Working full time can be tiring at the best of times. I planned this pregnancy to coincide with our school holidays (I'm a teacher) so I'm actually only working up to 32 weeks. 2.5 weeks to go. Can't wait!

Rest when you need to and consider calling in sick evey now and then ;)
Take care mummies!!

I'm the same. Working full time with around 45min commute each way. I also have a 4year old and 2year old who wake sometimes in the night. Im measuring very large for my dates and have high fluid levels so my bump is the same as that of 34week pregnancy and I'm only 28..i have 9werks left in work and have no option to finish early as I won't have anyone to have my children at the other end of my maternity leave. I'm sleeing by 7.30every evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back