exercise while TTC.

katyk

Reaction score
Are we really meant to only do very light exercise while TTC? Only I love to do proper exercise if only for a few minutes.

I know some sites say proper workouts are ok. When I was pregnant last month I was really careful for several weeks, I hardly moved above the pace of a snail! :lol:

Then I saw the midwife and asked her if my lateral thigh trainer was ok for me to use. She said that it was not high impact, so it's fine.

So I went on it a tiny bit, stopped if I felt even a tiny bit out of breath. But 2 days later my baby died! Maybe it's just a coincidence, but you can understand why I might be paranoid about exercising in future.

I can't really answer this, but I think the problem is, as in your situation, things could happen for no reason what-so-ever and we will always blame ourselves.

As far as I'm aware, as long as you don't increase your exercise work load, there shouldn't be a problem, and you can't keep your life on hold.

Please don't blame yourself hun :hug: I doubt it was the exercise :hug:

Thigh trainer is fine - nothing to do with you just mother nature being a bitch :hug:
I stopped exercising as I did high impact almost daily and I worried that after dieting down last year I was starting to get a little obsessed. Before Josh was born I had an eating disorder and I could feel myself getting a little controlling again, so I had to let go of everything for a while that's all.

Very sorry for your loss. :hug: :hug:

I used to exercise a lot (8 sessions a week) and cut down to 4 when TTC, and then 3 when I was pregnant (too tired to do more). The advice I got from the doctor was that you could carry on doing whatever you did before as your body was used to it, but not to do more. I stuck to the treadmill (but walking on an incline rather than running), cross trainer and swimming, all cardio rather than weight bearing. I also started pilates when TTC and I think that helped me calm down which again then helps with TTC.

I also remember asking whether sit ups and abdominal exercises were OK, and was told by the MW and doctor that they were - although I was still unsure so didn't risk it.

I would cary on exercising but do low impact/non-weight bearing exercises.
All the best
andrea

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back