Exercise & weight loss in pregnancy??

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Amy0801, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Amy0801

Amy0801 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies
    Brief background info...had my first daughter when i was 23 so I was young fit and healthy..now I am 30 and 2 stone over weight but I am 5ft 9 so it doesn't really show..I lost 11lbs whilst I was on the pill but have struggled with my weight since I came off the pill. I was hoping to loose weight before I got pregnant but I am now 6 weeks pregnant and just wanted to know what your views are on exercise and weight loss during pregnancy. I am quite an active person so I like to do my exercise bike, weights, tae bo, horse riding etc and was wondering if it's ok to still do those things?? I am not doing any particular diet just healthy eating and trying to cut out rubbish and take aways so if I am already over weight is it ok to loose weight if it's gradule?? Thanks x

#1 Amy0801, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  2. Bobby23

Bobby23 Well-Known Member

I think you are fine to exercise as long as it's nothing new, so should mirror your pre pregnancy routine. I'm still running, cycling and joined the gym tonight for low impact gym work and swimming. Regarding food, I think it's healthy eating, so
    not dieting. You might find that you don't lose but maintain as you progress though xx

3. GF91

GF91 Well-Known Member

Slimming world is safe during pregnancy, you just up your heathy choices apparently. Maybe that's worth a look into xx

4. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

I second slimming world it's backed by RCM. I'm 13stone which is 2 stone more than when I first got pregnant with my son, if I can even get a stone off through slimming world then I'll try it'll b better for baby and for me