Exercise & weight loss in pregnancy??

Amy0801

Reaction score
Hi ladies
Brief background info...had my first daughter when i was 23 so I was young fit and healthy..now I am 30 and 2 stone over weight but I am 5ft 9 so it doesn't really show..I lost 11lbs whilst I was on the pill but have struggled with my weight since I came off the pill. I was hoping to loose weight before I got pregnant but I am now 6 weeks pregnant and just wanted to know what your views are on exercise and weight loss during pregnancy. I am quite an active person so I like to do my exercise bike, weights, tae bo, horse riding etc and was wondering if it's ok to still do those things?? I am not doing any particular diet just healthy eating and trying to cut out rubbish and take aways so if I am already over weight is it ok to loose weight if it's gradule?? Thanks x

Last edited:
I think you are fine to exercise as long as it's nothing new, so should mirror your pre pregnancy routine. I'm still running, cycling and joined the gym tonight for low impact gym work and swimming. Regarding food, I think it's healthy eating, so
not dieting. You might find that you don't lose but maintain as you progress though xx

Slimming world is safe during pregnancy, you just up your heathy choices apparently. Maybe that's worth a look into xx

I second slimming world it's backed by RCM. I'm 13stone which is 2 stone more than when I first got pregnant with my son, if I can even get a stone off through slimming world then I'll try it'll b better for baby and for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back