Excuse for not drinking!!

cidergirl

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a first timer, found out on Wednesday I was pregnant and am excited, scared, worried, happy .....
A couple of questions .. how soon should I go to my GP (I'm 5x weeks) and also, next week my company is hosting a summer ball for about 300x pax, I'm usually the life and soul, doing the most of the wine consumption and also the last to leave ... any suggestions for reasons why I'm not drinking / staying up to all hours (I'm been shattered for the last couple of weeks:sleep:)? Thank you!!!!!

Say that you have thrush and are on anti biotics!

Just tell them you're on anti-biotics, that usually does the trick for drinking, or painkillers, which would explain you being tired/drowsy as well as not drinking!

Also, I'd go and get booked into your GP as soon as possible, in case they're fully booked up later on!

Well, don't do what I did! :blush:

I was at a friend's birthday at the weekend, and hadn't prepared an excuse because I didn't think people would notice I wasn't drinking. Well, of course they noticed and asked me why. I blurted out the first thing that came into my head - 'I'm detoxing' - before looking at my drink and adding 'with Diet Coke'! My friend (who knew) had to leave the table as she was shaking with laughter. :blush:

Afterwards, I realised I could have used the antibiotics excuse, I could have said I was driving, could have said I had to be up early the next morning, or was still recovering from *last* night... tons of things that would have made more sense! At least I can be honest in a couple more weeks.

I hated the pretending! i had just found before my christmas do, i drank cranberry juice and pretended it was vodka and cranberry. I definatly thing antibiotics is a good excuse, go with that. Good luck xxx

I hated the pretending! i had just found before my christmas do, i drank cranberry juice and pretended it was vodka and cranberry. I definatly thing antibiotics is a good excuse, go with that. Good luck xxx

That's a good one, just make sure you fetch all your own drinks, and then no-one should realise!

Well, don't do what I did! :blush:

I was at a friend's birthday at the weekend, and hadn't prepared an excuse because I didn't think people would notice I wasn't drinking. Well, of course they noticed and asked me why. I blurted out the first thing that came into my head - 'I'm detoxing' - before looking at my drink and adding 'with Diet Coke'! My friend (who knew) had to leave the table as she was shaking with laughter. :blush:

Afterwards, I realised I could have used the antibiotics excuse, I could have said I was driving, could have said I had to be up early the next morning, or was still recovering from *last* night... tons of things that would have made more sense! At least I can be honest in a couple more weeks.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Great, thanks for the feedback! Antibiotics is it ... although I like the detox suggestion :))

I am going to a beer festival tomorrow and it just so ahppens I have been diagnosed with a water infection and had to go on antibiotics lol I can say it with a straight face woohooo :)

You could also say that you are off somewhere early the following morning! When my friend was pregnant and she didn't drink at the chirstmas do she said she was off early in the morning to see family or a friend in sheffield and she was driving! We all believed her as it sounded so real!!! xx

I am using the antibiotic one tomorow at a wedding ! I can't say I'm driving as the party bit is stagger distance down the road at the local hall after, and so everyone local is looking forward to drinking! It's a strange one, bring your own bottle to the party to cut back on cost, and so hubby has nights after , and so we are both bringing a big bottle of diet coke! how sad are we ....

Id definately go for the anti-biotics one, ill be using the "im driving" excuse next week at a family function xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back