Ex Boyfriend: Bad Idea? *UPDATE*

dannii87

Reaction score
*UPDATE*
Well, he's contacted me every day since I posted last. Asking how I am, if Evie is being good for mummy etc etc and it's been nice having contact without any strain or anything...

...Anyway, he broke up with his girlfriend (as he wasn't happy) and contacted me tonight to tell me that he's decided to leave the army! :shock:

My best friend is his sister in law and no matter what went on between us before, my friendship with his sister in law or brother has never changed... They have been so good to me and I'm going to be Godmother to their son (due 27th May). Reece will be Godfather...

He has made it very clear that he's leaving the army because HE wants to, not because he thinks there's a chance, although I don't believe him? It just seems odd to me :think: Anyway...

...I thought I'd update you all. I'm going to take things reeeeeeally slowly and at MY pace.

I've managed to work out something as well which has made me feel better, I want any future man to enter mine and my daughter's relationship, not my daughter to enter mine and a man's relationship if that makes sense?

So, my plan is to establish a relationship between me and Evie first, focus on getting through the first few months just me and her (with a little help from my family of course!) and THEN see how I feel.

I think me and Reece will still do "couply" things like cinema, meals out etc, but that's ok with me because I'll be doing it for the company, dipping my toe in the waters. I won't get intimate though :oops: A) I'm scared because I haven't had sex since December (when I didn't know I was pregnant and obviousl haven't had chance to since lol) and B) because I think as soon as I get on that level with him it'll be harder to break away from should things go wrong.

And I've promised myself (and you girlies) that any sign of anything I doubt in him and that's it. :shakehead: I'm going to be very clear with what I will/what I will not tolerate in his behaviour.

I'm going to post in Single & Pregnant in a sec about how I feel about relationships (and how badly my last one has actually affected me and how it's only just rearing it's ugly head with my self esteem)... :(

Thanks for listening! xx

POSTED: 20TH APRIL 08

(PLEASE NOTE: This isn't my baby's Dad!!)

Well, I met a guy (Reece) in June last year, my best friend's brother in law. We met at her wedding and we clicked, he was really nice, not fantastic looking but he bowled me over with his kindness and personality...

Anyway, we dated and he spoiled me rotten, honestly, he would NOT let me pay towards ANYTHING and I usually hate that, I like to pay my own way and be "equal" in a relationship. He treated me to a suprise Alton Towers trip with his best friend and his best friend's girlfriend (I wasn't "allowed" to pay ANYTHING!) He used to buy me lunch, we'd spend every evening together etc and we got on great.

I have psoriasis and lord knows how I've done it, but I've usually actually come out in the open with it with boyfriends after about 2/3 months! (Even after getting intimate, I've managed to hide it well). So, at Alton Towers, he asked if we could have sex with the light on, this is something I'd never done and all of a sudden I panicked because of my psoriasis and thought "sh*t, I have to come clean" and I was so so upset that I hadn't been able to tell him in my own time and I'd had to tell him when I wasn't ready to... So I cried, opened up, and told him. He told me he knew I had something because he'd seen it the morning before when I thought he was asleep and got changed.. He said he was hoping I'd come out and tell him without him having to drag it out of me. He asked me to show him it, and I couldn't and I was devastated because no-one had ever ASKED to see it, they'd just accepted it and in time, they've seen it if you know what I mean. So I showed him, and he cradled me and cuddled me and told me he thought I was beautiful, and even more beautiful with a flaw because he said it made me "normal" and he really supported it and said it didn't bother him IN the slightest!

Anyway, in August last year, I was offered a chance to do some glamour modelling. I'd never done anything of the sort before and because of my weight and psoriasis, the thought never even crossed my mind so when I was approached, I thought "why not?!"

Reece was ok about it at first and said it was up to me, my body etc. I did get the feeling he was just agreeing with it to be nice and to not show his "bad side" but I went ahead anyway with what I thought was his blessing...

I didn't get paid for it, I did it all for free and got some nice pictures out of it, it was a great experience and great for my confidence! I gained more from that than any amount of money I could have earned! So I will never look back in regret...

...He absolutely blew up one night and called me a slag and that when you're in a relationship, you should absolutely NEVER show it off to other men under any circumstances etc etc. He was furious and so so so angry. It really scared me and he made me feel cheap and worthless. I got called a wh*re, a sl*t, a sl*g etc... He basically said I was prostituting my body.

When my dad found out he was fuming about it, he didn't talk to me until October (2 months). Reece contacted him and told him he disagreed too and rubbed it in my face that I wasn't supported in the hope (I guess) that I'd stop.

Anyway, I refused to and carried on with the modelling and finished the relationship a few weeks later (end of August). I eventually gave up modelling in October as I decided I'd got what I wanted out of it and wanted to patch things up with my Dad and the only way to do that was to quit what I was doing.

Ever since October, he's been in close contact with my brother (who is 17). Taken him out, treated him to things etc. He's been texting me telling me he's really sorry and loves me etc. (We never said "I love you" or anything, I'm not one to open up that far for a loooong time into a relationship, despite actually feeling it on the rare occasion).

He literally has not left me alone at all. In February, he left to go into the Army and asked if I'd go down with my brother to his leaving party, I did, and he kissed me outside while me and my brother were leaving to go home at the end of the night.

He has been contacting me on and off and since knowing I am pregnant, has been desperate to get involved and look after us. He keeps telling me he can provide ANYTHING I need for me and Evie and that he'll always be there, together or not. He LOVES children and is always texting me to remind me I guess that he's there, waiting for me to include him in my ready made little family. He's told me he's gutted Evie isn't his but he'll love her no matter what etc.

Anyway, he is currently with my brother's good friend, Charlotte (lovely girl). They're just dating and as he's in the army, they don't see each other much. He contacted me last night and really tried to persuade me that he could be the missing link me and Evie need and that he will love her and protect her and care for us both etc.

It all sounds a bit too great of an offer and my feelings AGAINST it are these;

- How he acted with the modelling.
- He would be VERY strict with Evie, very (with regard to boyfriends, piercings etc) I can tell.
- We disagree on a couple of issues (I don't really want to go into them) but we STRONGLY disagree and we've had minor clashes on the subject before.
- He is in the army and I have always said I could never be with anyone in the army, I juust want a nice, normal, settled life for me and my daughter.

To shut him up, I told him that we should not text each other while he is with someone else and that we'll catch up when he's next back home (in 6 weeks time). He's now assuming that there's a great chance for a future between us and has finished with his girlfriend! He said he'll help me set up Evie's bedroom furniture when he's next down and will take me out etc... :shock: I didn't give false hope did I?! I just implied we'll talk about MAYBE having another go!!

On the plus side, we would have to take it slowly (which is fantastic for me) because we'd only see each other every 3 or 4 weeks which means we can almost "date" without screwing Evie up if it all goes wrong?!

HEEEEEEEEELLLLLPPPP!!! xx

:hug: It's down to you in the end but I think he sounds like quite a decent bloke.

I don't think my OH would stop me doing anything like that but he wouldn't be happy if I did! Maybe he felt like he didn't have the authority to tell you not to do it in the first place? I'd hate my boyfriend being swooned over by other girls!

Whatever you do, take it slow. Evie is your #1 priority and he should understand that- if he can't then he's definately not right.

You deserve someone nice, and if he makes you happy GO FOR IT.

I voted no because of the baby. You have got an emotional few months coming up and you dont need a situation you arent sure of to add to things.

Sure, he might be lovely and it might work out but maybe you should just let it be you and baby for a while. :hug:

Umm, I don't know - something feels 'off' to me. I don't know how to explain it as he sounds good on paper. Only you know, hun. Go with what you think it right. :hug: :hug:

Personally id say its a bad idea. Obviously i cant comment on how you both are with each other, but ive tried gettin back with ex's that ive gotten on good with before and its just lead to constant agro and eventually breaking up again, as things are never quite the same as the first time around...

Cant comment on the guy either but the whole modelling things really does flag up a red light for me... he might be a nice guy most of the time, but he seems to bottle up quite a bit. I know guys that are similar, seem like the nicest guys you can ever meet... but its because theyve bottled everything up to give that perception... even guilty of it myself, and that worries me a bit especially if he'd bring the wee yin into it in an argument (again, i dont know him so cant say what hes like).

Those points that you said you disagree on sound like they could be strong points too, so gotta think if theyd cause you problems in a long relationship. I also understand what you mean about not wantin to be with someone in the army, as if you think about it, its going to be a stressful time with the baby, and he wont be there to give you those hugs at the end of a long day or anything like that, so that could just bring more stress than is needed?

I could be way off, but in the same vein as Tadpole... something just doesnt seem right... we all pretty much have the capability of comming across as the "perfect" OH... but that doesnt mean it always reflects whats inside.

At the end of the day though, just got to do what makes sense to you, and what you think will make you happiest not only short term, but in the long run too! :)

Danni this is my advice for ya chick,
When i was pregnant with harrison his dad walked out on us and i then i started dating a really really nice bloke who i had known throughout school, he was truly lovely and was there through my pregnancy but without lots of pressure (if ya get me) we took things really slow and he was great for my confidence and the low days you get with pregnancy, he even helped out in picking harrisons name.
But has the months went on, i realised that it was just that i needed someone and whilst he was getting attched to me and my unborn child i was having doubts about the future and not knowing where i stood with Harrisons dad. I had to end it because it was such a rollercoaster of emotions and i felt that it wasn't right for me to be with him and have him in my sons life as the father figure.
I made the right choice.
I wasn't ready for the relationship and when harrison came along, the bloke was the last thing on my mind.
We tried dating again when harrison was over a year old but we found out that we made good friends and that is as far as it goes still to this day, but he is still around as a friend if i ever need him.

I suggest wait until Evie is here until you start anything serious because when she gets here it will be an emotional time and you never know what is round the corner (with the sperm donor ) not saying it like you guys will play happy families but things might stir up a bit and leave thsi decent bloke of yours feeling a little pushed out.
God ive rambled here.....lol.
What ever you chose im sure it will be the right choice for you and Evie, all the best.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I'm not sure what the 'right' thing to do is but i'm a great believer in trying things and seeing how you get on!
With my OH it was different because when we got together there was no baby on the way but i had a lot of doubts and worries and i'd just gotten out of a long relationship and engagement. Some people felt we rushed into things but we didn't in the fact that we just took things slowly and carefully and i am so glad I tried it (well obviously as we're married now!)

If you trust this guy and like him then why not see how things go?

But most of all trust yourself to make the right decision for you and Evie xxxxx

I would say to hold off till Little Evie arrives. At the moment with hormones and stuff its all a bit mad and the last thing you need is stress.
Now when Evie is here you will be seeing things in a different light you will be able to see how you cope and how you are feeling about starting a relationship. Also anyone who loves you will have to whether they like it or not love Evie just as much. Its great that he is willing to take that on but there are so many other guys who will be willing to look after you both too.

The modeling thing was a bit harsh and he should of said outright what he wanted if he wasn't happy with it but I think its great that you did it because it has given you that bit of confidence that you need. But how would he react if you were to get seriously approached in the way of things like that? You are a beautiful girl and I think that he has shown his colours and I don't THINK he would handle jealously very well.

I would just say wait till Evie arrives. There are so many guys out there and there's someone that is absolutely perfect for everyone. I say if you don't need to ask for peoples opinions then that is when it is right, when you find someone who is perfect for you then it doesnt matter what every one else says because nobody else in the world matters. :hug:

Hi Hunny
i agree with Tadpole and Craig
as i read i felt more and more like something didnt seem right
he sounds wonderful his response to your Psoriasis was so heartwarming but something dosnt ring true about his responses and behaviour with the modelling and your concerns about his parenting and the things you have had serious differning opinions on but thats only my opion

id wait till after Evie is here and your emotionaly ready and settled with your new born girl before entering a new relationship

its up to you love and if he is worth his salt he'll wait for you.
And if you feel its worth it then go for it only you know in your heart whats right
we could be compleatly wrong and hes a great guy but if you do give it a go take it very slow.

Im sure even if not with this man you will find a man who will love you for you as your a beautiful person in and out

sarah :wave:

i think take it vey slowly, Evie is the priority no him.

Sandi

I also think something doesn't sound right. I've learnt that going back to an ex rarely works.

I just think the modelling thing, how he reacted was wrong. If he had THAT much of a problem with it, he should have asked you not to before. I also think going behind your back to your Dad is sly too.

The points you've ended with, about being too strict, and disagreeing on some fairly major issues are important for you to bear in mind.

Also, my Dad is in the Army, he's been the best dad in the world and he brought me up alone doing without loads of things. Army men are married to the Army though and I think it was a massive sacrifice for my dad to do without the tours/promotions and medals etc, although it's made sure he's alive to look after me and that I had much more stability in my life as a kid unlike others I've known. I know I wouldn't like to marry into the Army (and I don't mean any offence to anyone that has) it's not for me. I don't like being moved around, losing touch with friends, Mum and the kids not seeing Dad for months on end.

Thank you for your replies girls :hug: I've sat and thought about each and every one of them.

I forgot to add though, before he went into the army he came round (to pick up my brother) to go out one night and I answered the door, before he left, he told my brother to go and wait in the car and told me that if I gave him another chance he'd not go into the army and now he's saying that once he's done his 6 months training, if things work out, he'll leave the army.

I mean, it all does sound very good and all, and the part of me that wants my daughter to have a brilliant life is telling me to go for it. She'll have a dad etc etc. The other part of me is saying "whatever you do, take it VERY slowly"

Well, I have 6 weeks til he's back and we go for our drink/chat! So I have lots of time to think properly :D xx

Hi Dannii

I also said no based on the impression of him I got from your post. Any guy would be very lucky to have you and Evie in their life but I would be slightly worried about his bottling up of feelings and tendency to explode i.e. the modelling. He also sounds a bit desperate to provide for you which. although admirable, seems a bit over the top and controlling. Perhaps I am misreading your post but something is making me uneasy.

I'm sure in other ways he is lovely and it would be great for someone to come along to compliment your family. I think you are very right to take things very slowly and i wish you all the luck in the world with it, if that is what you decide :hug:

After reading your post, I had to click no too!
I have to agree with everyone who said something doesnt seem right!
I know I cant say something about someone I dont know but he seems kinda to eager and also, after the modelling thing, kinda unbalanced tbh! What if that happens again in the future? He seems like things are ok as long as he is getting or trying to get what he wants! KWIM?
He didnt like you modelling and instead of telling you at the time or discussing it with you, he called you names and made you feel bad! Thats something you dont need in the future when you have your little girl!
I dont know?? It is hard as we dont know him but going off your posts, that is what I thought!! :hug: :hug:

STAY AWAY!!!!

sounds to me like he is trying to ''buy'' your affections, i have fallen into this trap before and ended up in a right pickle. the fact that he ''flipped'' is a BAD sign. my ex used to be just like that guy was at the beginning. tender, saying 'i love you' after 2 minutes, saying my flaws were beautiful - this soon changed to insults. then the 'flips' and name calling got more and more frequent, the gifts stopped and the control started. because of the memories i had from the beginning i hung on in the hope that it would go back to how it was. it never did, it gradually got worse and worse and ate up 2 years of my life.

i can see similarities in this man. please dont go there.

DO NOT FALL INTO HIS TRAP!

I've copped out of voting either way coz it really depends on the situation.

I got back with my ex. after an 18 month split some 9 years ago and we have 2 beautiful girls and another due in July. However, it must be said that we are having some major problems right now - although they do not stem back to the break-up - that was all fine until we started living together!!! I don't regret getting back together though and really want to try and save this relationship.

All I'd say Dannii, is be really really cautious, and if you do decide to go ahead take things really really slowly (I'd also suggest waiting until after LO has arrived as you'll probably find you change a fair bit afterwards and may feel very differently). Not sure about his modelling strop, if it were me I'd want to be sure that wasn't likely to happen again but I guess everyone makes mistakes!

Good luck with whatever you decide. :hug:

Dannii its your choice but i'm afraid i to say no - stay away. He doesnt sound very nice to me i'm afraid, seems like abit of a player and i would be concerned of him taking away your confidence as time goes on.
You say he is also seeing someone while in the army, if his doing this now then whats stopping him from doing it when his with you and Evie.
I'm sorry if i've sounded hard :hug:
Theres someone better out there to look after you both with the love that you deserve.

I said no too.

He sounds like he is a contolling person to me. Buying everything, not letting you pay for anything, then 'flipping' out. He also seems to use money as if it is the main thing in life when it's not.

I agree with grace. From experience myself I would definately steer clear hun

If you weren't having doubts hun you wouldn't be asking us and the fact you are says to me you know the answer. :hug: :hug:

I think you're attitude to relationships is good, it's similar to mine atm

Everyone keeps asking why me and Dave arnt back togehter when we spent most evenings together and do all couply things, but i've told him nothing will happen (if it's going to at all) until i've had tally and settled in, if he loves me (which he does lol) he'll respect it and understand why she has to be first.
I dont want to be intimate with anyone atm, i havnt wanted anyone but baby daddy to touch me since being pregnant as she's his and now the thought of him makes me feel sick lol.

I think when it comes to men they have to understand that you come with Evie, and i come with Tally, and i cant go messing around with relationships like the one i had with baby daddy, if they're really care they'll wait, and if he hangs around that long you'll know it's you he wants not a bit of fun.

That sounds like a really good strategy for you and Evie (because you two are the most important ones). At least if you take things really slow and put a hold on the jiggy stuff, you can be sure that he will be there for you both in the way you'd ant him to be.

Wishing you the best of luck with it :hug: Just remember, if he doesn't turn out to be the one for you, it just means there is someone better for you around the corner - should you and Evie want him in your life :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back