everyone who's had a sweep...

Kimbo

Reaction score
how long do they take to do?
is it a quick 2 minute thing or does it take time?? :think:

my attempted one this morning took about 5 minutes but it felt like forever... hurt like hell. :shock: :oops:

my midwifes offered to do one tomorrow morning but i'm unsure whether to let her or not :think:
scared more than anything lol

It took about 3 mins...It didnt hurt, was slightly uncomfortable tho! I went into labour a couple of hours after my sweep! :)

Kimbo said:
my midwifes offered to do one tomorrow morning but i'm unsure whether to let her or not :think:
scared more than anything lol

Theres nothing to be scared about... Id let her! :)

Good luck!

Its like really rough fingering, but they sweep the finger around instead of up and down and will go right up your cervix to reach the babys head (is it engaged yet?) it can be a bit uncomfortable but many people tend too hold their breath when its being done which makes it worse!

I've told you this before - I really enjoyed mine :lol:

Seriously - apart from being uncomfortbale in the sense that it was the first time a strange lady had looked at my private area, never mind put 2 fingers in there, it didn't hurt a bit. In fact, DH has hurt me more during foreplay :rotfl:

Go for it - for me it took about 2 mins, my cervix was quite high but the m/w was very skilled LOL
Honestly - nothing to worry about :hug: :hug:

I beg to differ Midna - I'd go just because you get a good fingering ;) ;)
A bit of actions a bit of action :lol:

it's worth letting her have a go if shes offering it.

I think mine was painful due the fact I was "very compacted" :oops: :oops: (MW words!) The effects of iron tablets leave a lot to be desired... it's since become seriously uncompacted!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

she might not have managed a membrane sweep but she certainly shifted summat!

lmao.. it was ok, not as bad as people made it out to be when I was in the tri's. it is like rough fingering and if your cervix isn't ready, you'll be no better off for having it done. it ent bad tho.

i dont know whether to have it done or not... really dont know :(

OK serious answer now

Let her have a look - she will see what state your cervix is in and then be able to say, I can do a sweep relatively easily (ie you won't feel a thing) and it has a reasonable chance of working, or she will say everything is tight shut and high up and it's not worth it :hug:

Letting her have alook (well feel) won't do any harm, if I were you it's probably what I would do :hug: :hug:

ive not had one obvioudly but get it done woman ur sposed to be havin that little leah on my bday which is only 5 days away! get moving :D

if she says it's possible to do it then i'll let her.
because i know if i don't have it done, then when i get home i will be regretting it and wishing she had

My sweep only lasted about 4minutes and it doesn't really hurt its just uncomfortable and embrassing :oops: :lol:

i've had 3 sweeps now and all take different times but none of them are long, couple of mins max, think it depends who's doing it and how well they can loosen the membranes. They don't hurt, a smear feels worse than a sweep to be honest. I think it depends as well if your nervous and tense or more relaxed, just think to yourself it all to help you meet Leah :D

I'd also let her see what she thinks, she may say you're not favourable and not do it, she may say the opposite, she can also tell you if your ripening/softening and dilateing at all which will give you encouragement.

Mine wont do a sweep till term + 7 i asked her to do it at my next app which is 1 day b4 due date but she wont, said i have to wait till at least 31 jan at my hospital app :evil: :wall: :wall:

My 1st one i had term + 1 at 12pm, 1st contraction was at 1.25pm :shock: :D

2nd and 3rd babies sweep worked too.

good luck, just relax, lie back and think of england :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27