Ever gone into natural labour when having a planned section?

I did!

My section was planned for term + 9 and on the morning when I was supposed to be having the section I had a show. I went into hospital anyway and had a chat with the consultant, she examined me and saw "changes" to my cervix and said she thought I'd probably go into labour naturally. We discussed the options and I really wanted to try for a VBAC and the consultant felt it was safe to so I did, I went home and started having contractions the next day. I ended up with an emergency section because Calum was face presentation but I was really glad to have the chance to try. The good thing this time (I had an emergency section with Lu) was that after a previous section the docs are much quicker to decide to do a section so I didn't labour for hours and hours and end up exhausted so I ended up with a lovely experience and it was more like a planned section.

I was expecting twins, both were breech so I was booked for a c-section on the Monday when I was 38 weeks. Went into labour the Friday before, got to hospital within half an hour of contractions starting and the first twin was already on his way out, foot first. Emergency section was done and both babies were out within 90 mins of first contractions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back