Erratic sleep

DW1978

Reaction score
Jax is 19 weeks old today and his night times are still totally erratic, are the other los this age still like this? Am I doing something wrong? He always goes to bed between 6pm-6.30pm but what times he feeds, if he'll go back to sleep after and what time he wakes in the morning still totally differs from day to day. For example, once in the last week he's woken at midnight, gone straight back to sleep and woken at 6am (total bliss!). The next night he slept till 3am but then was wide awake and wouldn't go back to sleep for an hour and then got up for the day at 5.15am. Last night he woke up at midnight, 2am and then 4.45am and then he wouldn't go back to sleep. I am shattered. He pretty much always has milk when he wakes and will drink 5 or 6oz.

It's also become a nightmare to get him to nap in the day for longer than 20-30 mins so I can't catch up on sleep during the day either. He used to sleep in his cot for 1-2 hours at a time.

Do you think its something I'm doing?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

I co sleep with Jake still at the moment ( he is 20 weeks) but he wont go to sleep early at all for me, he goes down about 10:30pm and sleeps through to about 8am, has a 6oz bottle, change of nappie and then goes back to sleep until about 11am then he is pretty much up for the whole day apart from maybe a 20 minute nap or more if he is out in the buggy or car. Could it be he is waking more in the night because he is hungry? or maybe put him to bed a bit later if you can?

Last edited:
Holly went through a spell of no naps longer than 30 mins in the day. Then settled into a long morning nap and a short afternoon nap and is now changing again!

I co sleep with Jake still at the moment ( he is 20 weeks) but he wont go to sleep early at all for me, he goes down about 10:30pm and sleeps through to about 8am, has a 6oz bottle, change of nappie and then goes back to sleep until about 11am then he is pretty much up for the whole day apart from maybe a 20 minute nap or more if he is out in the buggy or car. Could it be he is waking more in the night because he is hungry? or maybe put him to bed a bit later if you can?

Chrissie Ur whole routine is identical to me! I want him to start going down earlier but I'm scared I'l knock out his routine :roll:

No advice sorry DW, has he always done this? Xx

I gave up trying for now as it makes him grumpy as hell lol as long as he sleeps through the night I am happy for now :)

Grace was like this and would get up anywhere between 5:15 & 8:40! The only thing I changed is I started getting her up at 7am no matter what, even if she woke on and off 5-6am I would still get her up at 7. It's taken about a week and now she wakes just before 7 but doesn't cry. She goes to bed at 7 & has half a bottle 2-3am and goes straight back down.
Sometimes I'm up from 5 putting the dummy back in but I don't speak to her or pick her up. I've nodded off next to the cot or sat on the stairs sometimes as I don't get the chance to actually go back to bed!

It can be abit hit and miss with daytime naps but I just keep putting her down and trying. Sometimes she'll have 3 good naps or 7/8 really short ones

Chrissie Ur whole routine is identical to me! I want him to start going down earlier but I'm scared I'l knock out his routine :roll:

No advice sorry DW, has he always done this? Xx

Yeah, I thought he was settling into a routine but then he got bronchiolitis and was waking every 30-60 mins and feeding every 2 hours again and it totally threw his routine out again.

Last night he did really well again! Slept till 1am, had milk, woke an hour later just to be reswaddled and then went straight back to sleep till 6.30am :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back