baby wont sleep and very moany when he wakes HELP ME PLEASE!

dannie

Reaction score
can anyone help me? I have a little boy whose nearly 4 months. he will only sleep for about 8 hours at night (8pm-4am) and even then wakes inbetween for a feed. when he wakes up for the day at 8 am he is always moany or crying. I feed him after this buthe still is up and wont go back to sleep.he wants to play. he doesnt sleep much in the day and will still wake up early if we put him to bed at a later hour. i am really tired and not feeling too good. i think i have bad sleep diprivation. is it normal for a baby to be moany/cryig when he wakes up in the morning? i thought babies were meant to sleep 12 hours at night by this amount of months? i need to go back to work soon and wont be able tod o it if i am this tired. yawn lol. :bored:

firsty, hiya! :wave:

sorry but my alice still doens't sleep through. she never has. but then some babies do from a couple of weeks old.

do you have a bedime routine (bath, play bottle?). it work wonders for some mums and babies!

alice has got better, she no longer sits wide awake in her cot at 3 in the morning :wall:

do you breast or bottle feed? im sure someone will correct me if im wrong, but my understanding is breastfeed babies wake more at night :think:

is there something in the environment that could be waking him at 4 in the morning (starting to get lighter maybe - blackout blinds may help?)

sorry i can't be of more help :hug:

Is he taking plenty of milk during his evening feeds? Feed him up well from about 6 pm, this helps my baby to sleep. Perhaps he's hungry? My son is on 2 small feeds of baby rice during the day now, at our health visitors suggestion. This has also helped keep him settled at night. My babe goes down between 10 - 11pm, always awake by 7am and won't sleep all day, except for 2 10 minute cat naps. So sadly think sleep deprivation comes with the job!
Good Luck :hug:

Alex doesn't sleep through yet either, welcome to motherhood! Sleep deprivation is hell :shock:

my daughter goes to bed with me (12.30am-ish) and wakes at about 5.45am for a feed. she then wakes at 7 for some more then at 8 or 8.30 and wont go back to sleep then. she does cry quite a bit in the mornings she wants lots of attention! and in the evenings too! she only naps in the day for 15-20 minutes maybe 2 or 3 times. i'm eagerly awaiting 12-hour sleeps too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back