Epidural

ISH

Reaction score
I was just compiling my list of questions for next MW appointment and I read on my hospital's website that the midwife-led birthing unit I was going to go for doesn't do epidurals :shock:

That sounded so nice and relaxed, private room, birthing pool, etc. But will I be able to cope without an epidural?!?! I don't want to be left in excruciating pain without any (effective) relief!

I remember we've discussed the topic before and some of you have had your babies in similar units. Can anyone share experiences? :hug:

Last edited:
Ive decided to stay away from an epidural because the whole needle in my spine thing really makes me cringe and I just worry about it however I have to say when in labour and I can't cope it would be nice to know that one was available if I wanted it. Definitely worth asking your MW about it :/

My hosp have just opened up a birthing centre which is midwife led. Sounded lovely til they said no epidural! If i was there and ended up wanting one they wud have to transfer me to the hospital wing, if it was poss to move me.
I wud love to try and not have one, but on the other hand dont want to limit my options! So im sticking with the normal maternity unit which is both dr and mw led.

I wouldn't want an epidural either, if I could help it. I just have no idea how bad it can get, seeing as I've not done this before. Who knows, I might end up begging for it, offering them bribes, diamonds, whatever they want for it LOL!

The normal delivery suite is across the hall if I decide to go for the MW led unit, so perhaps if I DID beg, cry and whatnot, I'd still get one...?

My mw led unit is at the hospital and the consultant led unit is literally along the corridor and they just move u across if u need to be......I'm sure if u weren't coping they would transfer u hun xx

Where I am hopefully going to go to, there is a birthing suite and a centre led by both midwives and doctors. I was told by the MW doing the tour that if I was to choose the suite at this particular hospital just because it was close to the doctors to maybe reconsider as they firstly prioritise 999 calls and not the women in the suite even though they are much closer :/. Of course I suppose it would depend on the severity of the situation but I'm getting prepared to the fact that no matter how much I could possibly create whilst there, I'll still be bottom of the pile. (sorry if this doesn't make sense lol I'm writing it on my phone and can't read very well what I've written)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back