engaged???

mel_ed

Reaction score
just wondering how the midwife can tell how baby is engaged? do they they have 2 do an internal??

They just feel around your pubic bone and see how low the head is :) They'll probably start doing it at your next appointment, unless baby stays floating around.

o right thanks for that. yeh i got an appt with midwife 2moro and just wanted to prepare my self lol

nope you can keep your knickers on for that bit :)

yeah I was able to keep mine on this morning lol!

thats why i asked ha ha! i need 2 prepare my self for when that happens!! ive never shown my bits 2 any1 else apart from OH

They just feel around - can be uncomfy but they judge it by how much of the babes head they can feel x

thats why i asked ha ha! i need 2 prepare my self for when that happens!! ive never shown my bits 2 any1 else apart from OH

I only know cos I asked the same question on here about 2 weeks ago. I was wondering what the etiquette was for grooming down below! I never know what to do before a smear either!

an internal is so weird feeling! glad they didn't do this at every appointment!! i would've been scarred for life, lmao! like all have said, they just feel around. they usually grab there head and show you where it is!!! i always used to think.. 'are they not hurting his head?!' xx

I always think that too - its like how hard do you have to feel!

lol girls u r going to lose ALL dignity... before i had madison i had reduced movement and leaking waters = internal... the male doctor (who was a hottie) shone a torch up me ... you know one of those green camping/workmans type torch yes ... my mum near had heart failure as he passed her in the waiting room coming in with it hahaha say goodbye to alll of your dignity and as for your ladygarden a doctor commented on how much easier it was to have a tidy patient pmsl sorry tmi but yeah keep it short haha!! xx

Ah its good to know a doctors opinion!!! Never sure if I'll be judged for how I manage my lady garden!!!

I know they always say doctors and midwives don't care about that sort of thing but I hate to think what gets discussed in the staff room lol!!

I had to have an internal exam last wek at hospital and I was dreading it! The woman was dead nice though and it wasnt as bad as I thought! Not nice though! I guess we better get used to being looked at down there!

I just really feel for these docs and midwives when they get people with really poor hygiene!

Last edited:
lol girls u r going to lose ALL dignity... before i had madison i had reduced movement and leaking waters = internal... the male doctor (who was a hottie) shone a torch up me ... you know one of those green camping/workmans type torch yes ... my mum near had heart failure as he passed her in the waiting room coming in with it hahaha say goodbye to alll of your dignity and as for your ladygarden a doctor commented on how much easier it was to have a tidy patient pmsl sorry tmi but yeah keep it short haha!! xx

OMG! if i saw one of the torches coming towars me i think i wuld freak out. so you just have to gin and bare it ay!

I had to have an internal exam last wek at hospital and I was dreading it! The woman was dead nice though and it wasnt as bad as I thought! Not nice though! I guess we better get used to being looked at down there!

I just really feel for these docs and midwives when they get people with really poor hygiene!

OMG i cant even begin to imagine the states they see. i thought i saw some bad mouths being a dental nurse but god knows wot they see!!:shock:

noone can tell yas its going to be nice but i can promise you one thing it will all be quickly forgotten when you see bubs for the first time and it is worth every second!!! :D sick bucket anyone?? haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back