How can midwife tell if baby is engaged?

SKR_Derby

Reaction score
Hi I have a midwife appointment later today and want to ask the midwife how engaged the baby is. Does anyone know what the procedure is for this - is it an internal examination or does she just check by pressing on abdomen?

She'l just have a feel And give the baby a wiggle to see how much of the head is above the pelvisxx

She will have a feel about and depeneding on how much head she can feel will determine how engaged you are. So if she can feel alot of head you may only be 1/5th engaged.I wouldnt worry though, as alot of babies dont even engage until labour. I was engaged and bubba popped out of my pelvis and now isnt engaged at all!

She will have a feel about and depeneding on how much head she can feel will determine how engaged you are. So if she can feel alot of head you may only be 1/5th engaged.I wouldnt worry though, as alot of babies dont even engage until labour. I was engaged and bubba popped out of my pelvis and now isnt engaged at all!

snap!! lol

i was 2/ths at 38wks and at 40wks on tuesday had completely popped out, silly babies!!!
:shakehead:

xxx

oh god amy whats the deal with that?! you got an induction date? x

yeah she just feels above the pubic bone area from side to side to try to feel the head, totally fine :)

Tip for ya though, take a deep breath before she does the wiggle.. its not a pleasant sensation.. breathe out slowly as she does it

snap!! lol

i was 2/ths at 38wks and at 40wks on tuesday had completely popped out, silly babies!!!
:shakehead:

xxx

Not just me then! lol! I got all emotional when she told me...lord knows why!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back