Head engaged??

Kim

Reaction score
Last week my GP told me the baby's head was 1/5 engaged. I have just seen the midwife and she told me the baby's head isn't engaged??

What's happened??!! :? :? :?

hi Kim

I'm not sure but cant the babies engage and then pop back out at will.

x

This happened to me Kim. One week I was told I was 4/5 engaged, the next she was on the brim but not actually engaged. Now she's 3/5s (and definately feels lower!).

Thanks guys I was worried I thought it was my fault. I was mucking about with a keyring torch last night and shone it on my belly, then she seemed to move I was worried I'd upset her with the light and she'd moved to get away from it and unengaged herself. I daren't tell my midwife cos I felt so guilty, I never knew they could pop in and out, I thought once they were engaging that was it!!

I used to think that too Kim don't worry! Was only on here the other day that I realised they could 'pop in and out' as they pleased.

Its very common for them to go in and out of engagement during those last few weeks - many don't fully engage till labour starts.

This may sound like a stupid question but how do you know that babys head is engaging?

Your midwife/gp will feel it and tell you or write it in your notes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back