Endometrial biopsy

phonixgirl

Reaction score
Has anyone had one? If so, did your period come early?

I had an endometrial biopsy on Monday and my period turned up rather rude and abruptly last (although my temps had been dropping the past couple of days). No cramps yet though but it is heavy so I assume this is it. I wasn't due until Sunday though (I know from OPKs and temping - I always have a 14 day luteal phase).

Do you think the biopsy was the cause? A luteal phase defect is the last thing I need to add to my list of woes!

I would have thought any invasive procedure could start off a period? I hope you get some positive answers from your results xxx

I would think it could have an effect but I'm no expert. Did they say that could happen or give you a leaflet with possible side effects? Hope it went ok and that this is a one off.

I know it's not the same but it happened to me when I had the dye put in to test my tubes. I'm sure it's quite likely it could trigger it early.

Thanks ladies.

She did say it could come early but it doesn't say anything in the leaflet. It's being really weird as it was heavy yesterday but I had overnight and my temp is up a bit this morning. I can only think (and hope) that the procedure is to blame for it.

I've still not had any cramps so not sure whether to count it as cd1 or not - I have done at the moment but can always change it if I get them. It was as heavy as the middle of a period yesterday so definitely not just light spotting! Xx

I had spotting for a few days but as far as I can remember I didn't have a period. They expected bleeding and gave me a towel straight away. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back