Embarressment

Josie TB

Reaction score
Hi all
I've never posted on this type of forum before, but I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problems I've had.

I've already got one lovely little girl who is now 3 yo and I'm coming the end of my second trimester with my second pregnancy and am already hugely pregnant. My problem is..... I've started to wet the bed...not just a dribble but full blown change the sheets wetness. I've been to my GP and she said that it's not that uncommon and it's likely to be a combination of being pregnant and a slight bladder infection most likely caused by not drinking enough. It's got to the stage where I have to wear incontinence pants at night but they are so uncomfortable and I have to sleep on my back - also uncomfortable - or else they tend to leak.

Thankfully, hubby thinks its funny as opposed to repulsive.

Has anyone else experienced this embarrassing problem?

I know from this and other forums that general dribbling during pregnancy is not uncommon but I've never heard of anyone wetting the bed. I confided in my best friend (who is also expecting at the moment) and she thought it was hilarious and told me not to worry. That made me feel better and I was hoping that someone else would tell me that they've had the same problem....and that it went away as soon as they'd given birth.

Love and kisses

Josie

hello! my appologies as im inly in first trimester and with 1st child :) I really feel for you, it cant be a nice thing for you at all! I guess just try not to be worried about it, and do loads of pelvic floor exercises! lol. really hope you get some good advice on here. xx good luck xx

It is normal as your uterus is pushing down on your bladder, try doing your pelvic floor excercises more it might help tighten up your muscle, its also good to try do 1 whilst your on the toilet to see if you can actually hold it in. Good luck hun x

Hello,I had this in my previous pregnancies it wasn't a regular thing but did happen now and again xxx

I have to say that the nearest i have came to it is wakening up in the middle of the night and only just making it to the toilet I try to stop drinking anything after 9pm at night and that has helped |I manage to sleep right through the night but if I have a drink I wake up, try this and you might not need to go there for wont go xx

Thanks for all your replies - I feel a little more normal now knowing that it's happened/nearly happened to someone else too!

I guess I did neglect my exercises after the birth of number 1 and having to "drink plenty" because of the bladder infection hasn't helped either.

Roll on the days of (dry) sexy knickers again!!

Love

Josie
XXXX

i have not wet my bed at night but i did wet my self once a few weeks ago, i just managed in to the bathroom, knicks down but never had time to sit down.. so i do think it happends and it prob not totally uncommon xx

Hi, no I havent had this exactly happen however when I need to go I really need to go within a few seconds, if I cough or sneeze or laugh on this occassions then its a disaster!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back