Rib Pain.........

ASD123456

Reaction score
................is anyone else getting this. I've started to get it and it's pretty uncomfortable. I usually have it after lunch and it lasts until I get home from work.

Is it not a bit early for this to be starting?

Alex xxx

It's probably from everything pushing up rather than the actual baby. Also if I remember rightly your ribs push out a bit to make room for the baby.

I'm 26 weeks and I think I am getting this too. Certainly the pain is in my ribs but feels like I've done too many situps! I sit at a desk most of the day and it comes on me around 3ish and lasts until I leave work.

Pamela

Hi

I have been getting this too since last Sat. I find it is difficult to watch TV and sit up for too long as my ribs ache and burn. Banishing DH to the arm chair so I can lay down.

Hope it gets better for you all.

Mx

I have painful ribs too. I sit at a desk all day and sometimes it becomes unbearable so I have to go for a walk, which really does help.

I have had painful ribs for a couple of weeks now. I wouldnt mind if I had a big bump but I have quite a small bump. I have a painful back too (in the middle of my back).

It drives you nuts doesnt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hiya.

i can sympathise with you on this one! started with back pain, which was driving me nuts, so discussed it with the midwife, as it was in the area of my kidney on the right side. she gave me a belt to wear and a giant tubigrip bandage to cover the bump...thought it might be diastasis - separation of the abdominals. one week later and the pain is now in my ribs. she sent me to the doc today to make sure it wasnt my gall bladder - it wasnt.

anyways, the upshot is that i have a separation of the muscles/tendons on my ribs...doesnt usually happen until around 28wks, once the baby has moved up a bit more. im on 8 paracetamol just to get through the day, as im finding work a real struggle. only 9more weeks then maternity leave :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Take care girlies :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back