Embarrassing question!

love87

Reaction score
Since becoming pregnant my foof is very sore. It gets itchy so I presumed thrish and started using the cream which helped. But I am now finding when I stop using it it comes back worse after a few days! I'm thinking I may need a pessary if it is not internal? Do I need to see doc for this. So sorry about the TMI but its getting so uncomfortable.

I have similar! It's so sensitive! Mine can ease and then tissue (wiping gently) can start it off again. I'm going
To speak to my midwife when i see her as i have an app next week but if you don't have an app coming up, I'd book in to see your gp. It's so uncomfortable! X

I have an appointment next Monday so I may say it to her then. It's just really irritating!

I'm booking an appointment to see my gp about this problem too. Sudacream helps for a day then flares back up xx

It is apparently really common in pregnancy, I don't know if you are allowed the pessary (can't see why not!) Just go down the doctors and ask them I think xx

I think you can get the pessary in pregnancy, I think i got the oral but then i have had both, both pregnant and not pregnant.
So not 100%

The hormones play havoc down there quite easy to get a bd bout of thrush that the cream alone wont sort.

You could ask over the counter if it can be used in pregnancy, nothing worse suffering and waiting.

Failing that, GP may do a swab but prob is thrush.

Hope it clears soon.

xxxx

Last edited:
You will need to see doctor as a chemist won't sell you it if they know you are pregnant plus if doctor prescribe it you can get it free. Be careful tho as I used it the other week and had an allergic reaction and obviously once it's up there you can't get it out! It was agony I was crying eyes out and nearly ended up in a+e. I couldn't walk, sit or lay but they have given me something else which iv not tried yet x

You can use canestan pessary safely in pregnancy. I've used it twice so far :shock: you can't use the oral capsule.
I read about using coal tar soap downstairs as a preventative and I've started using it a couple of weeks ago and so far so good x

Last edited:
I tried to buy a pessary and cream and they told me to go to my gp. Tbh mine went on its own so I don't think it was that bad. Normally when not pregnant apparently natural probiotic yoghurt helps? Can't hurt surely!

If you ring and speak to a nurse at your gp's they'll prescribe you a pessary and cream x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back