embarrassed to show OH your belly?

tipper

Reaction score
Anyone else having an issue with this? My DH has been really cute with talking to/kissing my belly, but he hasn't actually SEEN it at ALL yet. :eh:

I've felt so disgusting up until this point (physically sick, not just mentally), although now the feeling seems to be shifting to my body image. I was a tad pudgy before and already uncomfortable, but now that I'm expanding, it seems to be getting worse.

I guess I'm also feeling guilty because we haven't done the deed since finding out, and I don't see any end to it in sight! That has me a little scared honestly, but I just can't be arsed to do anything. And then with me not even wanting to show him my bare belly..I just dont know. :(

Anyone else feeling or felt the same? How do you manage to get past this?

Last edited:
I feel exactly the same my belly is massive with stretch marks on already from weight gain :(
Same with the sex not being bothered, but i actually done it the other night and it was ok...but nomore for ages now, just not interested in it xxx

sorry you feel like this hun.

just remember pregnancy is a beautiful thing, you will probably find it is all in your head. alot of men find women more attractive when pregnant,

try putting some underwear or something you feel sexyand happy in and see what happens.

hope you feel better about it soon. xxx

Thank you both for the replies. I'm pretty sure this is all in my head, but I can be a bit stubborn when it comes to changing an opinion ;)

I do hope that this passes sooner than later. I'm sure when I have a proper bump (not just this half baby/half pudge thing) I'll start feeling better.

Happy thoughts!

You will hun, i feel i will too when its a solid round big bump :) xxx

nope not felt like this at all my dh loves it and finds it very attractive :)

I feel like that to hun, I already hav war wounds from my first and just feel like a fat mess now, no nice round bump like last time more off a saggy one, I just do the deed in the dark and leave my top on lol!!

Awww Tipper I know how you feel hun I am self concious on my body too but not to the same degree as you. I am ok about my tummy but my hips thighs etc are like cringe worthy due to old stretchmarks from my son and the weight I have put on!

I was not exactally slim when I got pregnant either :(

My OH is starting his baby bonding early lol He massages my tummy most nights with aromatherapy oils I have made lol It's a great time for us too as I have gone off sex so it's gives us the closeness we need.

xx

Last edited:
No i'm actually starting to get a bump rather than just having a flabby belly I have no problems showing my OH my belly!

He seems to think talking to baby through my belly button will make he/she hear him better?! Silly sod lol

xxx

I love my bump, never had a problem showing it, but then again we are the other way round, i will strip for my hubby and he just laughs at me and says very attractive with that huge belly, he struggles to see baby in belly and sexy at the same time, but we both just have a laugh, he has always been honest about it so i dont feel hurt by it and as we both laugh it off me trying to look sexy then it works, we still are having sex though every few weeks but cause of me not him.
My sister cant stand pregnant belly's though they go right through her that she feels sick when she sees mine or anyone elses, and i think that is the reason why she doesn;t want kids, she has a step daughter and is great with her and great with my kids, I am hoping she manages to do it one day she may do after her wedding next year, but some people just dont like them but not many and i think she is one of the minority and i think it is just in your head and your husband will be fine with it and alot of men actually find a pregnant belly really attractive.

I know it is entirely in my head as my husband tells me this almost daily! I just can't get past thinking I look grotesque, so I need to work on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back