Eggs

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
When Naomi was small, the HV said not to give her eggs till she was six months at least.

At her seven month check up she asked if I had given her eggs and when I said no she said "wait till she's a year, because if she had any allergies it would most likely be to eggs".

Now at a year, the nurse at our local surgery told me to leave off giving her eggs for as long as possible!

She's had rice and custard desserts with eggs in the ingredients (didn't spot that till too late) and had no problems.

I think that the longer you wait to give her something, the more likely she is to have an intolerance.

Also, I can't wait to see her tucking into scrambled eggs with her toast! So nutritious!

What do you guys think? Have you given your baby eggs?

Sue

Thats so strange they keep changing you advice.

We had Arianna's 6mth check last week and my HV told us that she could have eggs as long as they were hard boiled. We haven't tried it yet but I am planning on giving her some soon.

S. xx

Leorah has intolerances to milk and soy so I have read a lot on this subject. In the US they advise not to give your kids eggs until 2 years :shock:

Even with leorah's sensitivities I would still give her egg before a year. Perhaps its a good idea to not introduce any other new foods for a couple of days just to make sure there is no reaction or you can just use yolks as its the white that has the proteins that can cause allergies.

Hi Sue

The advice I've been given is that it's the egg white than can cause allergies, not the yolk. I saw first hand my friend's 9 month old little boy suddenly get covered in red blothes and his body became stiff and he was very withdrawn after he tried a finger sized piece of her homemade egg mayo sandwich. Medised removed the blotches but he was unsettled the whole day.

I've give Olivia egg yolk since she was 7 months old - she doesn't really like it but I keept trying as I agree - what a nutrious meal.

Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back