egg custard?? any advice

lisas_lil_girl

Reaction score
spokt to my hv yesterday and asked about foods containing eggs. now she has told me not to give my little girl any egg containing foods for the 1st year! has any1 else had this or has any1 given their babies egg custard etc earlier?

I didn't know that, I just thought it was runny egg you had to keep away from. I bets check cos Jack's had custard before :doh:

Ive never heard of that before, I was just told not to give Harrison stuff with raw or runny egg in :think:
Sweetcheeks24 - Don't worry Harrison has had loads of custard since he was weaned and it hasn't done him any harm :)

Austin had egg from 6 months, I did some research on the internet & some sites said 6 months, some said 1 year, some said 2 years (!), some said you can give yolk at 6 months & white at a year...

So many thoughts, I just gave it to him & he was fine with it.

Austin loves custard & has had it regularly since he was 6 months.

well if you hear any different from ur hv's would u please let me know, cos i feel a bit of an idiot really cos ive bought loads of egg custard and was going o try her on it but am about to throw it away!! mayb my hv is just covering her back????

I think your HV is following the guidelines given to her by the practise she works at, as everyone's said, they give their LO's egg at young ages and they're fine, so I wouldn't worry, if your LO was to have an allergic reaction to it she would have by now :hug: :hug: :hug:

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/starti ... hatwhen/#4

"Cooked eggs can be safely introduced into your baby's diet when he is six months old. You should avoid using raw eggs in your baby's diet as they sometimes contain salmonella bacteria, which may cause food poisoning. When cooking eggs for your baby, the egg and white should be firm. For the same reason, it is a good idea to avoid giving your child anything that may contain raw egg, such as uncooked cake mixture, home-made ice cream or mayonnaise, or desserts that contain uncooked raw egg, such as mousses."

oh thanks 4 that. thats really helpful. i thought it was strange wen she sed it. i wondered y companys still made it if they werent allowed it!!! oh wel ill try her on it wen shes 6 months to b safe i reckon xx

I give Lola egg but just make sure it's cooked, In fact she had scrammbled eggs on toast for lunch today :D

Lola's Mummy said:
I give Lola egg but just make sure it's cooked, In fact she had scrammbled eggs on toast for lunch today :D

I made that for Jack the other day then allowed him to feed himself - big mistake :lol: Gizmo loved it though, he just sat at the bottom of the highchair waiting for Jack to chuck some more down :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back