Egg Collection Next Week :-)

Blondie Em

Reaction score
All being well I should be having my egg collection next week either Weds or Fri. I'm having bloods and scan on Monday and then it'll be decided from there. Had my Menopur reduced as they were worried I was being too stimulated :shock: but my stomach feels absolutely crazy, I can't stand to bend down it literally knocks me sick. I don't know if it's the tension as we are getting closer to egg collection but I'm finding it harder to inject now, I'm on day 8 of Menopur and have been injecting Buserilin for 3 weeks but I am finding it quite uncomfortable and have bruised myself once or twice :roll: Feeling absolutely shattered as well :nap:

I had no idea what IVF entailed previously and think that us IVF/Fertility Issues women really are incredible, even if I do say so myself! Women always seem to get the dirty end of the stick, but for the chance to have a LO, we get on and grin and bare.........or maybe there's no grinning we just bare!

Feeling optomistic so I'm sending you all lots of love and positive thoughts for whatever stage of your journey you are currently at xxx

Ooh very excited for you Em :) I had EC on Monday so give me a shout if you have any questions about it. I know how you feel re the injections... After 5 weeks there was no spot left unbruised! xx

Thank you, good luck hope you get a BFP this time xxxx

Hmm I have been wondering about the egg collection, I have had a trial canulation (SP?) and because of where my uterus lies it wasn't straight forward.........wonderful! They've told me that I will be sedated and will have my legs in stirrups but apart form that I don't really know anything else, not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing! Are yours blastocyst or have you had embryo transfer?

Yeah It's prob best to know as little as possible come to think of it :)
I'm going back in for blasto transfer tomorrow xx

Good luck Blondie :)

It's lucky that they caught your overstimulation - hopefully it won't cause you any problems.

I get my hubby to inject me and i don't think i had any bruises. I think they happen when you hand isn't steady during the injection.

I think it's a good thing not knowing much about the egg collection :) Not saying that it's anything bad, but i'm feeling more anxious about it second time around.

Good luck Bead, I'm hoping for a blasto transfer x x x

Thanks Louise, I felt awful until they reduced my Menopur, not exactly dancing on tables at the minute but feel better.

Can I ask your opinion on work, I have the option to stay off up until transfer and a couple of days afterwards - what would you do given that you have experienced it already??

I like to get back to work to keep my mind occupied. For my first ivf cycle, I only had 4 follicles (they got 2 eggs) and I felt totally fine within 48 hours. THis time they got 8 eggs and i was in pain until today. So if you've got lots of follies, you'll prob want 3-4 days off work. Fingers crossed you'll have blasty transfer on day 5, so you should feel totally ready for work the next day :) xx

At my last scan I had 11 follicles :shock: thats sounds like a whole load of pain :eh:

On another note, I'm really scared I wet myself too!!! :oops:

I'm going in blind, best way I think, if I wee on the nice man then it's pay back for my pain :oooo: xxxx

Last edited:
Lol I joked with my hubby just before EC that I'd wee myself too. I must have gone to the loo 20 times while I was waiting to be called through :) xx

I had 19 follicles and i'd def get the time off :)

I didn't feel rough but i only felt totally pain free when lying down.

Pee yourself?! It didn't even occur to me :oooo: I did go to the toilet a lot of times in the run up though :)

TMI - but take some wet wipes with you. I was perfectly fine but got there and had the runs! The toilet smelt like someone else had the runs before me too :shock: Apparently the nerves can do that and i needed to wash before i could face the EC...

Ha ha I'm glad I'm not the only one Bead!

Louise I have my Baby Wipes in my handbag every time I go to the Hospital but I'm panicking I poo on him now!!!! LOL, I'm just concerned that I have no control over my bladder while sedated so will not be able to stop it.

I suppose if it's going to happen then I won't be the first and they will be used to it, just like midwives and the lack of bowel control in labour :shock:

Is the transfer painful or is that ok?

What do we sign up for eh!?!?! xxxx

No pain at all for the transfer, except you need a full bladder, so its bad when they press the scanner on your belly... That's the time to worry about weeing yourself :) xx

well that's it done, they got 12 eggs, 3 of which didn't survive but 9 fertilised although she thinks we may lose 2 overnight. Hubbys fresh sperm was good enough so thats good and the Embryologist was really pleased with the quality of the eggs, she said she is very optomistic.

Phoning us tomorrow to let us know how they are getting on and hopefully embryo transfer will be either Friday or Monday, although I'm hoping for Monday.

Just resting now after a very tiring day....:nap:

That's great blondie! :good:

I hope they keep on growing for you xx

Great news, keep us posted! xx

Phone call today - we have five very healthy looking embryo's at this stage, no graining or blurring they are very clear. So fingers crossed they keep growing and we get a blasty.

Had my egg collection yesterday and they gave me two or maybe three lots of sedation, I am still feeling really groggy today - is that normal?

xxxx

Good news with the embryos - fingers crossed they make blasties :)

Can you still remember the whole proceedure? They must just top you up enough to keep the pain at bay at your clinic.

I can't remember a single detail about my egg collection so they might have topped it up - i honestly don't know.

I definitely didn't feel groggy though. I woke up, felt really refreshed - if a little drunk - and felt great as soon as i was out of the clinic but maybe it was the first decent nap i'd had in a while ;)

Yes I can remember it all but to be fair I was really craning my neck to see the screen and what he was doing so maybe I was fighting it a bit too much!

I've pretty much slept since I came home which I wasn't expecting. Feel quite weak and a bit shaky, might ring them if it doesn't subside soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back