Eeekkk it all seems real!!

Sleepy sue

Reaction score
Hi ladies I had my dr appointment today who has referred me to the midwife, given me my exemption certificate form and was just really nice :)

He has said that the midwife or dr will want to see me every four weeks!! :shock: I honestly didn't know it was that often. Is it the same for you guys?

I've also booked my private reassurance scan for when I'm eight weeks on the 6.8.11

Omg I'm actually pregnant :dance: xxx

Exciting stuff!
I had my booking appointment when I was 7 weeks & 3 days, and was told the midwife would not see me again until week 16 (unless there were any unexpected problems). I have a scan booked for 12 weeks and I had a private scan at 8 weeks 6 days. I believe there are usually 7 midwife appointments throughout the pregnancy (plus 3 extra appointments for first timers). Maybe your surgery has more money than mine and will see you more frequently! Take all the extra care and support you can :)

i get to see midwife 3rd august dont know if I will be seeing her as often as you though, depends where you likve i think as my doctor wouldnt see me unless i didnt want the bubba. I cant wait for it all to seem real either :) exciting !!

Thanks ladies it's just so exciting :)

Nic what was your piccie like could you see anything, who did you go with? X

My husband went with me as we got a Sunday appointment.
The picture on the screen was clearer than the print-out we were given to take home. It was not clear that it was a baby - more of a little blob, but the most amazing and thrilling thing was that we could she the little heart beating on the screen - and then we heard it... such a magical moment and well worth the money! We also got the crown-rump measurement, all of which was really reassuring.
Hopefully the 12 week scan will show he/she has developed a little more into a 'baby' shape!
Good luck! :)

I can't wait tbh , it sounds amazing!!!
Vie got to ask what's the crown rump? Xx

It's the length from the 'head' end to the 'foot' end. At 8 weeks 6 days, for us, it was 21.3mm, which was within the 'normal' range. He also told us the heartbeat rate - which was 174 beats per minute - I couldn't believe how fast it was...! All the way home in the car I was tapping my fingers to work out what 174 times in a minute was like! Speedy!!
It'll be a lovely experience - enjoy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back