Eeeeeeek what a bloody day - whatever next???

Sunnyb

Reaction score
Well i was turned away from my GTT earlier today (see my earlier post).
Now I have received a call from the estate agents (our house has been onnthe market just before i found out i was pregnant).
A couple who viewed our house have just made an offer very close to our asking price - which we have accepted. Still in shock though, as we haven't looked for anywhere else ourselves. We were expecting with the housing market being as it is to have our house for sale for longer to be honest, so we didn't want to look, find a house we loved & then it get sold before ours was.
Now we are going to have to find somewhere fast! I've looked this morning & found nowhere in our budget near to our sons school. We love the area where the school is & it's a fantastic school & our son has made lots of friends & we don't want disrupt him now he's settled.
I am totally shitting it now as I'm just having flashbacks to all the similarities of my last pregnancy. We sold our house March 2005 when Joseph was due June 2005 - this baby is due the same date as Joseph was & we moved when he was 3 weeks old & I was very ill at the time.
I just hope this is not going to be the start of the same thing happening again.
I am happy in one sense to be lucky enough to sell our house, but also now wanting to sit & cry at he thought of looking for a house, finding one we can afford & packing up all the shit we have accumulated over the last 6 years whilst being heavily pregnant!!!
What a bloody day this is turning out to be eh???!!!

Sunnyb xxx :roll::roll::roll::wall2::wall2::wall2:

Nightmare!!!!

When do you have to be out by?

I don't envy anyone having to move while pregnant, I moved house when I was about 18 weeks in the crazy snow, it was all a bit mad!

I don't know! The estate agent said they would call the buyer & check timescales, but I'm worried they'll be wanting to complete ASAP & I really don't want to be forced to either buy somewhere or move to rented accommodation (can't contemplate moving in effect twice by renting & we have 2 cats)!
Seen 3 houses but all between £10,000 & £15,000 over budget so not sure they'd drop their house prices that much. My head hurts & I just feel sick with worry now. I would love to be able to afford a company that packs all your stuff for you, but they cost a fortune so that's out of the question too.
The last removal firm we used were under insured & broke or damaged loads of our stuff & went missing for 2 hours (we thought they'd done a runner with all our belongings)! We ended up having to claim on our house insurance, so it bumped our premium up the year after. Thinking back to how awful my last birth, house move etc was. It's just filling me with fear. Think I could cry now!

Sunnyb xxx

Awww hun, :(

Yeah it would be nice to have the money to get someone to do it all for you! Could you get lots of people to help you?

X x x x

I've got some great friends & my mum has said she'll start collecting boxes (she works at Sainsburys) & bubble wrap. Maybe she's making up for giving me the bloody juice to try this morning :lol:
Still waiting for estate agents to come back to us to see how quickly they want things to move.
Hopefully they'll be patient. If not we might withdraw from the sale as hubby says he doesn't want things to get a stressful as they did last time.

Sunnyb xxx

That's good that you have friends to help. And good your mum can help too, bless is she still feeling bad about the juice?

Yes she is! But she knows she's forgiven & we've had a laugh about it over the phone today x

Sunnyb xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back