• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Edie Harriet Rees 12/05/2011 (with pics)

jld123

Reaction score
Sorry its a bit late, the last couple of month have been a bit... shall we say hectic!

Im going to attempt to write a short version of my birth story.

As many of you may know, on 21st April I went to Spain on holiday with my boyfriend at 29 weeks pregnant. On 24th April I was rushed into hospital after feeling really ill, habing swollen up to a massive size, losing my appetite & having really poor eyesight.

I was diagnosed with pre eclampsia and told that if Id left it much longer I may have had convulsions and possibly died. This was the begining of the long and tiring journey which would end in the birth of my gorgeous baby girl!

after 10 days in the spanish hospital a flight home with a doctor accompanying me, 3 futher weeks in my local hospital, high blood pressure, failing kidneys, overactive liver, 3+ protein in my pee pee and alot more. i was told 6 hours before that i was having an emergency c section that day. I was taken down to the delivery room and put on a drip, i couldnt tell you what it was but it was horrible! it made my whole body feel and overwhelming sensation of heat! starting from my foof (lol) and up through my tummy and down my arms, it was horrid! i was prep'd for the op and sent in.

the sensation of a c section is insane, i felt no pain but lots of tugging and stretching and i was absolutely nackered. once she was born she let out a little cry, they gave me a quick glance of her and whisked her up to SCBU, she was born at 8.39pm and weighed a tiny 3lb 3oz. after that i was on a drip for 2 days and wasnt able to see her. Once i was able to, i still felt so faint, sick & completely out of it. I had to cut my visit to her short and get back to my bed. Unforutnately after that I got a serious case of diarrea :( and wasnt allowed to see her for a further 72 hours incase i passed it on to her. this was unbearable.

Finally i got to see my baby girl! she is absolutely perfect and is doing so well, hopefully she should be coming home in a couple of weeks!

heres my beauty...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You did so well!! She looks like she is growing well! So cute. Congratulations!! xx

Omg, she is absolutely beautiful! Massive congratulations!!!! Hope you both recover well xx

You did so well, amazing story and what a beautiful baby :love: She's gorgeous

She's beautiful. Glad to hear you're both doing well. Hope your little girl is allowed home to you soon. xxx

Aww hunny what a journey I've been on but look at ur little girl she us gorgeous!! X

Aaww bless her she is adorable! Glad she is doing well, you did so well too xxx

She is so adorable, hope your both doing well congratulations xx

Little Edie looks absolutely adorable. You did ever so well. xxxx

Congratulations Hun she is so sweet! Hope she gets to come home soon xx

Awww she's so sweet! Congratulations you've done amazingly well!

she is stunning sweetie. you coped so well with everything that happened. you should be very proud of yourself. xxx

Thanks everyone. She is out of her incubator now and onto a cot. Also has no tubes or wires on her and is feeding from the breast and bottle. I'm so so proud of her :)

Thats one heck of a story to tell her when she's older! Congratulations, she's beautiful! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back