ECV failed -change of date

Tick-Tock

Reaction score
Sorry i didn't get on to post this yesterday but I was exhausted..

We went in at 9 to have the ECV, I was then hooked up to a CTG to get a good trace, given a muscle relaxant, left 15mins to let that work and then the consultant attempted the ECV... I have to say it was uncomfortable but not overly painful. I would recommend anyone trying rather than leaving the baby breech. However, LO didn't want to budge... even an inch... she tried to turn him forwards... then backwards and then just said he's not going anywhere...

I opted to have a scheduled C-section, although I was given the option of a vaginal delivery. I decided against this as i was a vaginal breech birth and complications arose that resulted in me developing pneumonia and I really beat the odds to survive (well there were no odds, my parents were told I was going to die). I know that vaginal breech births are often successful but I didn't want to go through labour worrying all the time whether there might be problems...

Anyway the section is scheduled for the 25th June... it seems too soon, I'm not ready!!

J
XX

UPDATE:

Seems like the hospital thought it was too soon also, I had a phone call this morning telling me my section has been moved to the 26th.. phew one more day to get ready!!

baby is comfy where he is!! lol
aw at least with the section you know when you are going to meet
bubba and he's going to be safe..i'd be terrified to have a natural breach delivery, even though they happen and can be fine..i feel sorry for my mum i was double breach..so my legs were over my shoulders and i was born bum first doubled over!! ouch!!
good luck hun xx

Good luck with your section!!! :hug:

It's exciting to know the date :cheer:

I think you have made the right choice :hug:

Aww hun, i really hoped it'd work for you.

If your more comfortable knowing you're gonna have the c-section then its the right decision for you. I'll changeyour date on the june baby thread so we all know when bubs will be making an appearance :D

Sorry to hear that, but as I said I've heard loads of positives about planned c-sections.

xxx

Sorry ECV didn't work but it's very exciting knowing the date you'll meet your LO. Not long for you now :cheer:

Alex xxx

I hope all goes well and at least you wont be taken unawares as to when the baby is going to arrive,

Good luck and all the best for you and your family :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I've heard lots of positive things about planned C-Sections too and I think you've defnitely made the right choice - and how exciting that you know the date. It does seem soon but at least you can be 100% prepared xxxx

I'm sorry it didn't work. At least you gave it a try though. I know what you mean about it being soon, I have a scheduled c-section on the 26th and I don't feel ready. (even though I'm very excited) Luckily, tomorrow is my last day of work so I'll have a week and some to get things ready. Good luck on the 25th! :hug:

Hi Tick Tock,

All the best, it hardly seems any time at all when we were chatting about being newly pregnant.

I would be very worried about a breech delivery too so would probably do the same thing. The most important things are that LO comes into the world safely and you're ok too. All the best, :hug:

Awww, i hope everything goes well for you, the good thing about a planned c-section is that you know when u'll be meeting your little bundle of joy, and.... my due date is a day after your section, cant wait. hope all goes well :hug: :hug:

Can I ask a question if you don't mind. All the while they suspected baby was breech, did he stay in pretty much the same position or did you stomach still feel different from day to day?

L xx

Sorry to hear it didn't work hun, it looks like your LO is stubborn and very very comfy, watch him move round now..........lol.

Good luck anyway for the 25th ( not long at all)

Lisamj said:
Can I ask a question if you don't mind. All the while they suspected baby was breech, did he stay in pretty much the same position or did you stomach still feel different from day to day?

L xx

Been like that from day one... I have always felt the kick pattern the same, and was stated as breech on my 20 week scan notes...

J
XX

Thanks! And I'm glad the new date is better for you! Wow, this time in 2 weeks your baby will be here!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back