Ectopic pregnancy

proudmummy

Reaction score
Have any of you ladies expierence an ectopic pregnancy? For the past week I've been getting faint lines in the evening and bfn With fmu but got a proper line yesterday evening, went to the doctors today to get my hcg levels taken and he said it sounds like it could be an ectopic pregnancy..I don't have any of the symptoms etc and heard a few stories where someone didn't get a postive till 2 weeks late and one where she never got a postive and had to get blood to confirm she was pregnant..I'm not sure when I ovulated this month but would have had to Jane been around the 7th as we only dtd on the 5th out of the whole month. I'm 3 days late too xx

It does sound a little odd and could be a bad sign but I think its too early to say for sure. If it is an ectopic at least the doctor is aware of the possibility and is keeping a good eye on you but try not to panic yet (easier said than done I know). Some women do take longer to get a good line. Have you used the same brand of test every time? Some tests take a long time to give you a good line and can be quite faint for a few days. The second lot of blood tests will give you the best idea of what is happening but having to wait for 2 or 3 days to find out will feel like ever! Once the levels are high enough I would think they will give you a scan. Hoping for you that all is okay.

Last edited:
I had an ectopic back in April. With my tests they were faint and dark positives as my hcg would rise one day and fall the next and also confirmed with 48 hour blood tests. It all started pretty early for me, 5 weeks pregnant and continued on until they eventually aborted the baby at 8 weeks with methotrexate. In terms of symptoms, I had weird bleeding on and off, no pain at all but all that I can describe was a tugging/pulling on my right side which was not painful just a weird sensation. My levels never got to a point where anything was seen on a scan, think my highest hcg was 500, so because they were going up and down within this level they treated it as an ectopic

Sorry I have rambled on a bit, I really hope though that your situation all will be OK for you.

I have my fingers crossed! X x

Thank you ladies I appreciate you replying :) that could be what's happening keeponhoping..altho I haven't had any spotting or anything or sensations like that..it's just so odd..hopefully I get my results Monday afternoon and then get bloods again Wednesday so will Probabaly be another week before I find out for sure what's happening..how long did it take for everything to go back to normal after you had the injection? Xx

Good news that you're not experiencing any symptoms, that has to be a positive! Hopefully all will settle down for you! I had the injection at the end of April, had some heavy bleeding for about 10 days following the injection then my first period arrived 6 weeks after the injection, and felt pretty drained, but have been taking my folic acid again to restore what has been depleted. Feel like my body is getting back on track!

But I'm sending positive thoughts hoping your little one will be OK. X x

Ah thank you Hun I appreciate it..fingers crossed either way I find out next week xx

When do you get your 2nd hCG results?

Last edited:
Will do :) I've not had my first results yet lol hopefully get them today then getting a second set taken on Wednesday..taken another cheapie test and no line at all xx

The waiting around is horrible for blood tests, hope they get to the bottom of it. Hope those symptoms I mentioned I got are staying away! X x

So my results are in from the first test its at 3..they're going to take them again on Wednesday..it's so odd cuz I still don't have a period and I'm never late ever..I was reading about the hook effect and Twins run in my family but it doesn't say anything about having a faint positive then negative test..so confused xx

So weird isn't it! Did the dr give any indication as to what they think might be going on? X x

I haven't spoke to him since Friday just called and got the results today..on Friday he said it could be an ectopic but that was it..so confused xx

Its possible that you have had a chemical pregnancy (very early loss). Often you dont get your 'period' until the levels are close to 0 so that can make you late.

Sorry you are having such a confusing time its horrid when you dont know what is going on. Hugs.

Last edited:
I agree with bunny, the being in limbo is horrible! Hope you get some answers soon! Thinking of you and we're here for you. X x

Possibly bunny? I thought tho that happened before your period is due? Didn't realise it can make it late xx

A chemical pregnancy is when the pregnancy is too early to confirm by ultrasound so is only detected chemically by a blood or urine test. It often happens around the time of your missed period. But a loss at about 5 weeks could still be called a CP. Even once the pregnancy has stopped it can take a few days for your hormones to drop and your body to recognise it. A large percentage of ectopic pregnancies actually end by themselves so I suppose some CPs are actually caused by being ectopic but there wouldn't really be a way to know.

It seems likely if you were getting faint lines for a few days and then a strong line and now your hCG is back at 3 that you were definitely pregnant but maybe baby wasn't growing propperly for some reason and didn't make it and now your hCG is dropping again. A hCG of 3 is very low for pregnancy but is still higher than most people would have without being pregnant, although not totally impossible. If you are sure of the darker line you had in a hpt it must have been higher than that already.

Hi proudmummy, hope you're ok, any news? have you received your second lot of blood results yet? X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back