ectopic pregnancy

georgie20

Reaction score
Hi there, i was pregnant with my first baby but unfortunately at 7 weeks they found it was an ectopic pregnancy and had to operate to remove the baby from my falopian tube its been a horrible time but u think im getting back on my feet. I was hoping someone may be able to help me out, when i spoke to the doctor she said to wait until i had a period and then i can start trying again, so me and my boyfriend are using protection but i should of had my period by now and was wondering if its possible to have a normsl pregnancy straight after an ectopic without having a normal period first? Ive looked on the internet but nothing is telling me what id like to know. id speak to a doctor but id rather avoid seeing anyone at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated :) xx

Hi there, i was pregnant with my first baby but unfortunately at 7 weeks they found it was an ectopic pregnancy and had to operate to remove the baby from my falopian tube its been a horrible time but u think im getting back on my feet. I was hoping someone may be able to help me out, when i spoke to the doctor she said to wait until i had a period and then i can start trying again, so me and my boyfriend are using protection but i should of had my period by now and was wondering if its possible to have a normsl pregnancy straight after an ectopic without having a normal period first? Ive looked on the internet but nothing is telling me what id like to know. id speak to a doctor but id rather avoid seeing anyone at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated :) xx

I got pregnant straight after my ectopic (mine was a live ruptured one and I had to have my left tube removed) but I miscarried at 5-6 weeks so I wouldnt recommend it. I would personally wait a couple of cycles at least before trying again. Its such a traumatic thing for your body to go through it takes time to recover. Sorry you lost your little one :(

I also had my left one removed, its awful.. we are being very careful because i want time to get back to normal. as much as i want a baby i want it to be the right time id hate for anything else to go wrong. Thankyou for writing and im sorry for your loss too :( xx

I also had my left one removed, its awful.. we are being very careful because i want time to get back to normal. as much as i want a baby i want it to be the right time id hate for anything else to go wrong. Thankyou for writing and im sorry for your loss too :( xx

I dont want to put you off trying again but loosing another baby so soon after the first was even worse and I wish we had waited now.

Good luck on your ttc journey, I hope you get your bfp soon :)

Thats what i thought, i just hope we have careful enough and im not pregnant because if something bad happend again it would kill me xx thankyou :)

I had methotrexate so a different treatment - had to wait 6 weeks to try again.

It sounds like a reasonable plan to start trying after you get your first period, hopefully will allow everything to heal a bit first.

Good luck, its a heart breaking experience.

I also had ectopic pregnancy at 9 weeks.

Ruptured tube was removed.

Been ttc for months now but this month started using opk's ..... Feeling more positive about future xx

Fliss...I'm very concerned about getting pregnant again and it being ectopic.

I'd be checked long before rupture this time so would get Metho.....very weary

Fliss...I'm very concerned about getting pregnant again and it being ectopic.

I'd be checked long before rupture this time so would get Metho.....very weary

My experience was very "mixed" on this. Due to previous pregnancy losses, i was being closely watched and got given the methotrexate at 6-7 weeks. My beta kept going up though for 2 more weeks and i nearly had a laparoscopy too (they kept me nil by mouth on a surgical unit for an afternoon).

Obviously anything is better than losing a tube, but it was a hellish few weeks and even now nearly 4 months on, my immune system is not what it was - i used to iron clad, now had 3 colds in 3 months!!! AND i was on a "low dose protocol" which means you can ttc after 6weeks rather than 6 months on the higher dose protocol.

I'm just trying to see it all as bad luck as scans afterwards have been fine...

I had an ectopic pregnancy at 12 weeks with baby still alive. Had to have my r tube removed and just dont know how to cope. I feel like a complete let down and not really whole anymore. Ive sent a complaints letter to the nhs about why they took 8 days to scan me when they knew something was wrong and my husband doesnt understand why im doing it. I cant just close the book on this and dont think ill be ready to try again. Ive got a healthy 3 year old which i thank god for but is it greedy of me to want another one in one aspect but not to have one in another??? im so torn!!! Would like to hear from someone else that has conceived after and has been a happy ending because at the moment I just cant see the light at the end of a long tunnel :cry:

I had a ectopic treated with methotrexate. I am currently 4 weeks 1 day and I'm praying that when I go to the epu next Friday I will have some good news I will keep you girlies updated and fingers crossed everything will be fine and I can give you all some hope. I know its early days but things feel different this pregnancy. When I had my ectopic and mcs I just knew something wasn't right! Good luck to all of you girlies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back