• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ebay dilema - result

ShineyHappyPeople

Reaction score
I bought something off ebay using paypal and the lady sent it so all was well. Then last week I noticed she had refunded me for it even though she sent it already! I emailed her and she replied today saying she no longer accepts paypal and I have to send a cheque!!

I more or less replied with a no because i'll be out of money with withdrawing the fees and i'll have to shift money about because I dont have a cheque book on the account linked with paypal so I said all my funds are in paypal and she says "sorry but we don't accept paypal".

So what should I do? go through the hastle of paying via cheque if she sends me the small fee amount (very small but its the principle that i'll be out of money) - plus, i'll get charged a fee for receiving money too so she'll have to pay more) OR just say paypal or nothing??

I don't think she can just change payment methods after its all done and dusted. Thing is, because I bought a digi, I wanted to not leave feedback etc to keep it private and she may leave me negative feedback and people I know will see what I bought. She agreed to this.

The rules on feedback have changed! A seller cannot leave a buyer negative feedback now!
She cant do that surely?! I would say paypal or nothing!

Me too - when you agreed to buy the item she accepted paypal! Surely she can't just change her mind AFTER you have paid?!Have you recieved the item yet?

Is your ebay account page showing that you have paid... where the pound sign appears?
If so then i don't think that she can leave you negative feedback, only neutral.

Ebay changed the rules a couple of months ago so that if you have paid then a seller can't leave negative feedback anymore.

Personally i wouldn't pay again, she should of let you know beforehand of amended her account so it didn't accept your payment.

jools221181 said:
Me too - when you agreed to buy the item she accepted paypal! Surely she can't just change her mind AFTER you have paid?!Have you recieved the item yet?

As far as I'd be concerned - you made the payment by an accepted method, if she has refunded it that's her problem. Ebay will support you all the way - tell her to stuff it!

tallulah73 said:
Is your ebay account page showing that you have paid... where the pound sign appears?
If so then i don't think that she can leave you negative feedback, only neutral.

Ebay changed the rules a couple of months ago so that if you have paid then a seller can't leave negative feedback anymore.

Personally i wouldn't pay again, she should of let you know beforehand of amended her account so it didn't accept your payment.

No its now showing up as unpaid because theres a button saying "pay here".. so annoying cos I want to spend that money now but it wouldn't be right. If I was a dishonest person I would!

i agree! that is totally unfair.

you have fulfilled your side of the contract by paying so i would tell her paypal or nothing!

if you bought the item on a private listing she can only leave feedback about you on that item and will not be able to make it "public" now.

i would contact ebay if you are worried.

stick to your guns!

x

Becky said:
jools221181 said:

As far as I'd be concerned - you made the payment by an accepted method, if she has refunded it that's her problem. Ebay will support you all the way - tell her to stuff it!

Yeah I have the item at home! I said to dh that if she wants it returned i'll pee on it first :lol:

kirstyxxx said:
i agree! that is totally unfair.

you have fulfilled your side of the contract by paying so i would tell her paypal or nothing!

if you bought the item on a private listing she can only leave feedback about you on that item and will not be able to make it "public" now.

i would contact ebay if you are worried.

stick to your guns!

x

It wasn't a private listing though.. all I did was email her before hand saying if i bought this bla bla bla.

Argh I hate contactiong ebay.. they keep shoving the stupid FAQ pages in your face and make it hard to contact them :wall:

is it really that much hassle to send a cheque? I would just minus the fees from the total amount and send a cheque for the rest. Yes she shouldn't have done it, but if you're gonna keep it I'd just send a cheque for the amount minus fees. Can't your OH write a cheque? Or a friend? and just give them the money?

Urchin said:
is it really that much hassle to send a cheque? I would just minus the fees from the total amount and send a cheque for the rest. Yes she shouldn't have done it, but if you're gonna keep it I'd just send a cheque for the amount minus fees. Can't your OH write a cheque? Or a friend? and just give them the money?

I could but I think im being a funny about it because I dont think its fair to just change things just like that.

To send a cheque i'll need to withdraw the funds to me account (7 days) (fee incurred), transfer the money into my other account with a cheque book and then post it (stamp) which will take 1-2 days to arrive and then another 5 days to clear it. I just don't see why I should have to do all this, I think she should at least say she'll give me money off or something to acknowledge the inconvenience.

Errr lol, so you paid for the item, she sent it you, then she refunds you for some bizarre apparent reason! That would be the end of in my opinion lol. WOOP Free Digi's :lol: :lol:

The thing that would annoy me the most is you probably wouldn't have bought the item from her in the first place if she didn't accept paypal! If she wanted to stop accepting paypal why not transfer her paypal funds into her bank account THEN close her paypal account :think: It would be easier than refunding everyone and waiting for cheques :think:

jools221181 said:
The thing that would annoy me the most is you probably wouldn't have bought the item from her in the first place if she didn't accept paypal! If she wanted to stop accepting paypal why not transfer her paypal funds into her bank account THEN close her paypal account :think: It would be easier than refunding everyone and waiting for cheques :think:
Exactly! TBH I think it all sounds a little suspicious!? :think:
I wouldnt refund then expect them to pay? Its just a bit odd to me!

I think you should go out and and buy yourself something nice with the refunded money!

you stuck to the ebay rules and paid for the item via paypal as requested by the seller.

I think it sounds dodgy too? If she was able to access her paypal account to refund the money then surely she could have withdrew the money herself???

I personally wouldnt send a cheque as tbh it sounds odd.

xkikix said:
I think it sounds dodgy too? If she was able to access her paypal account to refund the money then surely she could have withdrew the money herself???

I personally wouldnt send a cheque as tbh it sounds odd.

Thats very true.. :think: I will see if she replies and if not, I'll report her to ebay and spend the money!

Logged on today to find out "this user is no longer registered" so I got my digi for free! and it was only £5.50 inc post which I thought was quite good anyway.

Yay, good stuff! FWIW as a seller you HAVE to offer PayPal on your listings now - perhaps she didn't realise this, stuck in her PP details and people started paying her that way. She's obviously done something norty to be NARU'd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back