Ebay and Paypal?

Rachey

Reaction score
How do they work?

Do you transfer money from your bank in to Paypal then you can use that money to buy things from ebay and other places? Do people wait until they get your money until they post out items you've bought?

I don't understand why it's better/safer to use paypal than paying with your debit card? I sound daft as a brush :lol:

Thanks for any help :)

Last edited:
Paypal is linked to your bank account so if you pay for something with Paypal and you have no money in your Paypal account, it comes from your bank account. If you had say £3 in Paypal and you bought something for £6, it would take the £3 from Paypal and remaining £3 from the bank.

When you sell something the money goes into Paypal (and they take themselves a little cut) and then it either sits in Paypal ready for you to use to buy something, or you can transfer it to your bank account, but again they take a little cut for that.

The advantages to using it instead of your debit card are you don't have to give out your debit card details, and you're covered in the event of the item not turning up or if it's faulted or something.

On Ebay people will wait till they get your money before posting otherwise if they posted first you might not pay! But if you pay with Paypal it goes through instantly so it's quick and easy.

Hope that's right(!) and it helps!

Thanks! That was a big help :) I understand now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back